Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tottenham Riots spread across London/England

matt_2k34
Grafter

Re: Tottenham Riots spread across London/England

What sort of punishment is that?

There isnt any. This is the problem now Labours made it all cushty, and the police powerless. We're up shit creek, and tbh they need to give the police back some form of power... Not being "PC" to call it the "POLICE FORCE" anymore is bullshit, They're an emergency service and should be considered a force to be reckoned with.
Im wondering, whats the "current" law on carrying say - an ASP whilst at work / home for the protection of assets ? -- i know it changed recently due to that gent. who shot a burglar and was "in the wrong" (Thanks Labour / Govt for removing common sense, you retarded shits.)
Regards
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

A conundrum I cannot answer

Heavin' a brick through curry's window (as part of a mob) and stealing a 42" colour TV (worth say £600)  vs fiddling £20k on expenses (as part of a mob)

Which is worse?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Hmm.. difficult one that. The only pro is that one mob has the legal power to try and crucify the other mob.
I've just come back from a run to the pharmacy and sure enough I've just seen a few gangs being moved on by the police near our local supermarket and a shopping area. Loads of young people there and about 1/2 of the police. No sign of riots but clearly a lot of unrest.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Quote from: journeys
Which is worse?

Both deserve the full force of the law.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
matt_2k34
Grafter

Quote from: walker23

And - also in common --- neither will get it Smiley
Regards
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Matt_2k34

Unfortunate but true  Angry
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Quote from: Matt_2k34
Quote from: walker23

Never a truer word spoken.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Sadly while our attention is diverted by badly behaved kiddies and ineffectual policing the real rioting and massive damage is occurring in the financial markets. These rioters who may think they have some sort of grudge, little realise that the spending cutbacks of the current government are the start of something much much worse in terms of the economy. They might actually lose their mobile phones, their trainers, LCD TV's and actually see real poverty.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

Was listening to the news on Radio4 on the drive home from work last night.
Try http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b012x6y2 and fast forward to about 12mins, listen to who those two girls describe what's going on. If this is represntitive of the state of those teenagers, we are as a country in the middle of a very serious social issue.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Oddball
I note vigilantes are now patrolling on the streets of Enfield.

There were Millwall fans protecting shops at Eltham last night.
Seemed to work Smiley
Community Veteran

And on a positive note, are the news services showing this kind of image of people banding together to clearup? No, not that I have seen.
http://yfrog.com/kj5oewj
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
alanf
Aspiring Pro

The clean-up volunteers featured in TV news bulletins that I saw last night.
The title of this thread needs to be changed again as disorder spread to Wales last night..
Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

Interesting to note that a group of Turkish shop keepers kept watch over their premises and when rioters appeared they chased them off, or to be more accurate into the Police Lines but the Police let them go.
If the Government fail to deal with this problem properly it does not bode well for the future as who will want to invest or visit a country which fails to protect it's own citizens.
Quicker we get out of this Human Rights Act and allow the Police to do their job properly the better.
Community Veteran

Quote from: godsell4
And on a positive note, are the news services showing this kind of image of people banding together to clearup? No, not that I have seen.

Saw it on BBC news and C4 News last night and well publicised on the radio this morning.
Community Veteran

Quote from: godsell4

made me smile http://yfrog.com/kj5oewj
and this (co msrcsite) http://www.shof.msrcsites.co.uk/tena.png