cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tottenham Riots spread across London/England

randpwar
Grafter

Re: Tottenham Riots spread across London/England

My next door neighbour’s son is in the Army and, having completed two tours of Afghanistan he is to be admired and respected. This same young man that has worked in very dangerous conditions will tomorrow be helping my son to water ski; believe me he isn’t the type of man to try and make England into a Police state
matt_2k34
Grafter

Quote from: randpwar
having completed two tours of Afghanistan he is to be admired and respected.

Hats off to him! - its people like that who keep our freedoms in this country.
you must admit under Labour, we had new laws every week

So turn your attention to the problem?
Cutting out the BS that the police have to deal with imho is a complete step in the right direction! (Paperwork, red tape, permissions to do XYZ)
okrzynska, stereotyping - im sure you'll agree is usually bad, so why do it to our boys in uniform Huh  Roll_eyes
Regards
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Fair point matey, maybe I've just had a really bad run of luck (actually come to think of it the word maybe is a bit strong).. i dunno.. all i do know is i'd hate people like my ex boss being out there on the street. We'd all be shot dead by dawn.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: okrzynska
We'd all be shot dead by dawn.
Just because people legally have firearms it doesn't mean that they'd use them on the public.
One of the first things one learns is to respect a firearm - they aren't toys.
If the army was used they wouldn't be armed with anything that riot police don't already have.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I've not seen any Jobcentre Plus'es being attacked though.
Funny that.
After all, where else would they get their housing benefit + dole from?
Community Veteran

The Police has issued the first images of suspects they wish to find:
Suspects
Let's hope they all get handed in.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Quote from: Alex
Funny that.
After all, where else would they get their housing benefit + dole from?

Have you ever known chavs that like the jobcentre? Wink
Nice post artmo, lets hope that gets as much coverage as possible and some of the little ****s get caught.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

A man who was shot in Croydon last night has died today.
Man Dies
matt_2k34
Grafter

Its unbelievable, and amazingly the violence is still escalating.
Quote from: Alex

Grin
I almost think it would be better to state they're off any sort of benefit for minimum 5years, and only get considered it again once they've worked for at least 3 years. Should sort out paying for some of the damage + policing costs!
Looks like its started early tonight again. I have a bad feeling about later on!
Going back 20-30 years under tory leadership, anyone caught doing this stupid shit would be taken back to the station for a good 'drubbing' ... Having the crap kicked out of you seems to work better than the methods they use currently...
I'm sure those who instigate it will only end up with a smack on the wrist, all those convicted should share the cost of paying for the damage (split the bill between those charged) ta-da! Smiley (They can even pay if off nice and slowly like us students, so the govt. can earn a nice tidy bit of interest!)
I wonder if our justice system has gone US-enough for the companies who have had damage caused can sue the rioting pack? hmm...  Cheesy
Regards
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Police now using Flickr to identify London riot suspects.
London Disorder - Operation Withern
http://www.flickr.com/photos/metropolitanpolice/sets/72157627267892973/
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Isawitall
Grafter

Hi everyone i just joined plusnet so this is my first post,
To be honest i have never seen this kind of rioting before and i'm in my fifties, although i do remember the brixton riots many years ago.
In my opinion the problem is We the public have for many years wrapped children up in cotton wool (17 years of Nu-labour) Those children have now grown up knowing that they are protected by law and they cant be touched (whatever happened to discipline  Sad )
When i was little i had to respect the law, everyone knew everyone so if you did wrong it got back to your parents  Shocked
Like it or not these yobs are a product of our society.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

But will the punishment fit the crimes I wonder...
With few prison places available for this many criminals. I suppose we can look forward to them being back on the streets in a few days with fines they can't pay or out on bail. Probably having given false names and addresses.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

There is no need for the army.
A curfew is required and then anyone on the streets should have their head cracked open by a police riot baton and left bleeding on the floor.
I note vigilantes are now patrolling on the streets of Enfield.
matt_2k34
Grafter

A curfew is required and then anyone on the streets should have their head cracked open by a police riot baton and left bleeding on the floor.

Fancy the top cops job?
Problem is with so much media about, im sure the police "force" would be more than happy to oblige! problem is they are likely to get sued / individuals accused of misconduct etc.
Regards
Community Veteran

@Isawitall, Welcome to the forums.  I agree with your comments about part of the problem being the actions of the Labour government.  They allowed a society to grow up with no respect for law and order, poorly educated and reliant on State hand-outs. I hope we've leaned a big lesson out of the past 4 days.
@Petlew, I fear you could be right.  I heard on the radio today that most will get community service which they won't serve or fines they can't pay.  It was stated that anyone on benefits could pay a fine at £1 a week deducted from their benefit. What sort of punishment is that?