cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tottenham Riots spread across London/England

nadger
Rising Star

Re: Tottenham Riots spread across London/England

The carnival has always been heavily policed and I once drove through Notting Hill the morning after the event and the amount of rubbish was amazing.
Community Veteran

I saw some of the rubbish you refer to on the TV.  All credit to the local council, Kensington I think, they did an excellent job of clearing up after Carnival.
Community Veteran

The Met Police announced that their cost for the riots is a staggering £34M.  This figure does not include the costs from other forces that sent Police to assist the Met.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: artmo
Kensington I think, they did an excellent job of clearing up after Carnival.

Yes, during the 80's I was a service engineer and, that corner of west London was my "patch" (W6, W8, W10, W1, W2 and some of the adjacent NW's) the Tuesday morning after Carnival driving around there at 7 O'clock in the morning you would never have known anything had occurred during the few days before.
Unsung hero's
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
idlewis
Grafter

Quote from: AlaricAdair
They need the type of glass sold by these people:http://www.esgsecurityglass.co.uk/

Will it not be a good idea to use toughened glass so to not injure people simalar to what Glasgow done recently.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Ken Clarke: "3/4 of those charged following the riots already have a criminal record".
Surprised?  I don't think so.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

It shows our justice system is weak and needs to be strengthened.  Prison must be somewhere no criminal wants to return to.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

I suspect that people on community payback do more labour than prisoners. If that's the case it is wrong! Prisoners should spend their days paying back the community in some way AND have the loss of freedom at night.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)