cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toshiba

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Toshiba

Forgot to mention this last week when i heard it but there was a new report on the TV that Toshiba are in a financial pickle and it looks like they may go bust (threatening one of our new nuclear power stations in the process).

Now may be a good time to avoid buying a new toshiba laptop / computing device if you care about having your warranty honoured.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Toshiba

7up wrote:

Now may be a good time to avoid buying a new toshiba laptop / computing device if you care about having your warranty honoured.

Or wait until the price drops and buy two... so you have a spare ! Cheesy

Community Veteran

I always regarded Toshiba devices as a cut above, good quality.

As said if the price falls why not take advantage, and the shop you bought it from has to honour any guarantee.

Steve
Seasoned Pro

I bought a brand new Samsung TV couple year's ago. Heard they were great but I had to take it back something wasn't right with the picture. I replaced it with a Toshiba and is still in use today. Great little TV
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I used to like my Toshiba laptops, but, they got really cheap & nasty around 2005-ish and I lost interest in them, kept my Portégé M300 going though (still works today, though these days only has the lowly job of logging into my IP Cam to set the time cos it hates british summer time as much as I do!), ended up getting into the Lenovo ThinkPad laptops, having serviced enough IBM ones back in my computer shop days, I know how tough they build them so am quite happy with the two I have now... Smiley

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

It gets worse, I bought a bog standard KIA Picanto for my middle daughter last week (seriously) and now Trump is threatening start a war in Korea!

I dunno, the south gets nuked by the north and all I worry about is spare parts. Huh

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

Minivanman wrote:

I dunno, the south gets nuked by the north and all I worry about is spare parts. Huh

Just find your local scrapyard, there's plenty in there... Funny

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Nooo! Smiley

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

billnotben wrote:

I always regarded Toshiba devices as a cut above, good quality.

As said if the price falls why not take advantage, and the shop you bought it from has to honour any guarantee.

Agree with you about that.

We had a Toshiba microwave that lasted 26 years and was used every day.

Sadly there is so much competition these days that manufacturers cut quality to keep in the market but the consumer is the one who pays in the long run.

Community Veteran

Indeed, today's economy is terrible value for money on products, you can buy product A for £50, or product B for £150, both do the same job, but product A fails after a couple of years, whereas Product B lasts for 10 years, so you pay £250 for multiple iterations of Product A, whereas for £100 less, Product B would have saved you money...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

'ello John, got a new motor? 'ello John got a new motor?

jab1
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 5

@Mook - sorry,no - haven't got an oldun, either - I don't drive. Cheesy

John