cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tory manifesto farce

Anonymous
N/A

Tory manifesto farce

Yesterday the Foreign Secretary demonstrated he doesn't know what the Tory manifesto says, and today Theresa May makes a u-turn on social care policy. Strong and stable? Anything but, it seems.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/21/boris-johnson-wrongly-claims-350m-nhs-promise-is-in...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-dementia-tax-u-turn-pensioners-labour-corb...

17 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Tory manifesto farce

That's because she is being driven by Nicholas Timothy, who has almost single-handedly prepared their manifesto and not consulted properly with any of his own party. She should beware trusting too much in minions.

Anonymous
N/A

Well, with her claims she wasn't going to call an election, then calling an election; the u turns on NI increases in the budget and on the social care policy in the manifesto, she has certainly provided plenty of evidence that she is anything but stable. And after watching her car crash of an interview with Andrew Neil on BBC tonight, she has clearly demonstrated that she is far from strong. And she wants to be trusted with negotiating our exit from the EU?

She couldn't negotiate her way out of the proverbial paper bag.

Minivanman
Hero

@notinmyname

Well I watched and listened to the same interview, so you either had the volume turned down or a finger stuck in each ear. I'm guessing the latter.

As for a car crash, Corbyn behind the wheel, seriously? 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Anonymous
N/A

Minivanman wrote:

As for a car crash, Corbyn behind the wheel, seriously? 

Any time. But then I'm not a Tory plant pretending to be a lifelong labour supporter.

Community Veteran

Observant comment in the FT tonight..

"The real worry concerns the future under this government. How many more times will it miscalculate and under-prepare, and on what stage? The complex work of EU exit starts in June. The pressure will make the election campaign feel like the non-event it is. The breadth of the work will take Mrs May beyond her comfort zone to the widest possible horizon of subjects."

I await the climb-down on Brexit!

Steve
Seasoned Pro

May wasn't strong and stable today. In fact I thought she was about to go mad. I can't help but wonder if the people that voted out of the E.U are being blindsided by a totally weak PM who can't think for herself ( as PM ) 

Community Veteran

IMO it was obvious from the start that she is a follower not a leader. I'm not a liker of A. Blair esq but he rightly described her as lightweight.

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Ruled by an Iron Fist, the only people that were strong and stable in this link were the press ( shocking I know )  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgGDikcjRxI

Anonymous
N/A

@Steve

Yes, indeed. And if she panics that much dealing with Laura Kuensberg, how on earth can she think anyone would believe she would be a strong negotiator on Brexit.

Community Veteran

She was probably put under pressure from Tebbit and Redwood's Bow group and folded under. If she can't handle that then Brexit is doomed.

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

I thought changing one's mind was called being flexible as opposed to being too rigid. Undecided

Anonymous
N/A

Indecisive might be a better word.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Well it's good to know all the other political parties have got their manifesto's right, fully costed and if they get into power will implement all the things in their manifestos on which of course the whole of their party agreed to and all speak with one voice.

Minivanman
Hero

@notinmyname

"Any time. But then I'm not a Tory plant pretending to be a lifelong labour supporter"

Hand on heart, you really think Corbyn with all his historical baggage would make a better leader than May?

The man was an unheard of backbencher for good reason - always has been and always will be. Show me a Labour leader with an ounce of gumption and I'll happily send you my 1992 Neil Kinnock General Election winner mug I bought in a car boot sale for fifty pence and yes, I was robbed.  

As for being a Tory plant, well words fail me - other than you sound desperate.  

PS. Capital letter for Labour. 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.