Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topic deleted rather than edited, why?

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Topic deleted rather than edited, why?

Just noticed that all my posts regarding ********* under the heading of 'heads up for scifi fans' seems to have been deleted. Was there any need to be so brutal over what was I thought an interesting topic. Can I suggest you reinstate and edit accordingly instead?

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
20 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Topic deleted rather than edited, why?

I'd already watched that film a while back. Strange with a vague not really explained plucked out of thin air ending.

Maybe some mod is a film critic.

VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Yes indeed - you have been censored.

Minivanman
Hero

Hammer to crack a walnut.

Ah well, onwards and upwards.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Interesting that most of the posts were deleted, if done by the mods they usually give a reason why but are not obliged to do so, equally a staff member might have been messing about with these boards and accidently wiped some of these posts, there are a few members of the forum who are well up IT issues, I wonder if they have any ideas of what might have happened assuming it's not one of the reasons mentioned.

Minivanman
Hero

Well I did ask via a private message to the mod concerned but just had a stock reply about the link and nothing about why they felt the need to obliterate the lot. It's certainly not very encouraging that's for sure.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Could be this

Discussion of how to illegally file share, stream or bypass copyright is not allowed on these forums

VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Well it wasn't was it?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

I wouldn't know as I only glanced at the topic

Minivanman
Hero

It only supplied the link but as they say, whatever. 

As for being illegal well maybe that's not so clear cut as there is a court case going on at the moment about Kodi decoders being sold? Interesting to see what the outcome is going to be as it's a real can of worms inside a pandora's box and no mistake,

PS. Here you go. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38769045

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

This chap is being charged with selling boxes that have preinstalled software that allows illegal downloading and makes his case worse by advertising that these boxes allow that.

The problem is that kodi is legal software and those who provide the program are at pains to point out they do not support it being used for illegal means and it is possible they may stop supporting the software which would be a shame for those who use it legally.

As mentioned in the article kodi can be downloaded on to almost any device including a smart TV  so no matter what the outcome of the case it is quit likely all ISP's will write to customers advising them of action that might be taken if there is reason to believe they are illegally accessing films etc.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

A while back I was censored by a staff member for discussing a well known website for streaming sports games when PN were considering the TV service!

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

of course, one could argue that the ISPs are the ones that are allowing people to illegally stream, as without a route to that stream one couldn't view it.

the ISPs can't really turn round and say please don't use our service to do anything illegal, yet allow their subscribers access to that content. they either allow it or they don't, they are is no middle ground.
Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

Isn't that a bit like requiring cutlery shops to put stickers on their knives saying something like, "Please do not use this product to stab, injure, or otherewise cause harm to any living being."?

Surely it is up to the user to use a product/service responsibly, including within the law.

DS
Pro
Fixes: 7

It might have been removed as it could have been seen as competition to a recent new comer on the block? Roll eyes

Long gone are the days of a guy in a flasher mac, approaching you with a woodbine hanging from his gob.....

...'ere mate, do you want any:

hub caps / watches / real diamond earrings for 'er indoors / cassette tapes / 10 Park Drive etc etc etc

Or, the youth with his jeans around his knees, 2 baseball caps at apposing angles, with something illegal behind his ear.....

... alright geeze, do you want any:

wheel trims (or VW logos on a chain) / digital watches that can tell ya the time in 14 languages / some knocked off jewellery / Bunson 'n' Hodges*, Embassador #1* / latest CD's or DVD's etc etc etc

Now, it's all available online.

(* obviously these are spelt incorrectly, just pointing out that certain tobacco products may appear to be the genuine thing, when there's a chance it was actually made illegally in the UK or anywhere else for that matter )

Anyway, the content may also have been requested to be taken down by a.n.other. If the general chat section loses the thumbs up /thanks/like button, then I might know who asked...

I shall say no more, as I've not been through these forums rules yet, and discussions regarding content being taken down may not be permitted. Hang on a mo, a PN van has just pulled up outside.................