Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Gear

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Top Gear

Well, did anybody else watch it?

Did like the American presenter Matt LeBlanc's slightly dry (almost English) sense of humour...time will tell.

Thought Chris Evans was just trying too hard. As usual these days the background noises were drowning out commentary.

Not keen on the off-road reasonably priced car sections. How long as that version of a Mini been "reasonably priced"

Not sure if the re-vamp has been a success or not.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
69 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Re: Top Gear

it was painful.
it was also clear that that two guest were last minute additions (due to the original guest pulling out at the last minute - good decision on his part). jesse eisenberg looked lost with no idea what he was doing there.

chris evans just shouted thru the whole show, and tried to copy JC at every chance (even down to the initial voice-over at the beginning).

the "challenge" had lost all its raison d'etre, due to the lack of genuine banter between the two.

if this lasts more than this season then i'll be surprised.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

I'm with @chenks76 on this one, it was a bit like growing rhubarb in West Yorkshire, didn't know about the first guest pulling out though; who was it? I recorded this episode so if it was naff I could just bin it, so I did, just after they put the 3 wheeler on the truck, with no attempt to nurse it to Blackpool, JC, JM and RH would have at least made an effort.

So I'll not be putting it in my viewing schedule, it's not for me.

Community Veteran

it was Brad Pitt apparently... he made the right decision to give it a miss.
Fixes: 105

i didn't even bother to record it. I suppose I could iPlayer it but that would likely be a waste of bandwidth by the sounds of it.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

What I'll find more interesting is the viewing figures and sales figures for this series. I wonder how many countries will give it a miss. But this, or at least the sales information, will be a long time in coming.

Community Veteran

the viewing figures for this first episode will be high, which the BBC will proclaim is an outstanding success.
of course, the figures for episode 2 and beyond may be different, which the BBC will fail to mention at all.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Ginger was just trying to impersonate JC Sad

[-Censored-] BBC loveies have messed a once good program

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

http://www.tellymix.co.uk/ratings/262220-new-top-gears-viewing-figures-slum-lowest-decade.html

With all that press attention, one might have expected the first episode of the series to see bumper ratings as people tuned in to give the show a go, or even just so they could moan about it on Twitter.

However an average audience of 4.3 million watched from 8PM on BBC Two, the lowest start to a new series of Top Gear in at least a decade.

That figure is down on 2014's opening episode of the last series with Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May and 1 million viewers less than the trio's final episode on the BBC together in June of last year.

Community Veteran

The restart took too long.

Audiences that like this sort of thong have moved on to alternatives. Top Gear is finished. If the viewing figures are anything to go by lasting out the season is a bit optimistic.

Fixes: 47

billnotben wrote:

Audiences that like this sort of thong

If thongs are involved I definitely won't be catching it on iPlayer Shocked

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
PowerLee
Rising Star

The fact Chris Evans was involved in Top Gear was enough reason for me to not watch it.

Looking around the internet it seems Chris Evans is getting a lot of hate from plenty of people.

Community Veteran

Strat wrote:

If thongs are involved I definitely won't be catching it on iPlayer Shocked

I blame my spellchecker.Roll eyes

Community Veteran

PowerLee wrote:

The fact Chris Evans was involved in Top Gear was enough reason for me to not watch it.

Looking around the internet it seems Chris Evans is getting a lot of hate from plenty of people.

it didn't help that he appeared to be trying to copy JC's style (some of it even word for word).
and also that he started it off with several digs at the previous regime.

Community Veteran

petlew wrote:

Well, did anybody else watch it?

I watched the first 20 minutes then switched off. Mind you I wasn't a fan of the original TG.