Top Gear trio spotted filming Christmas special in Israel

Wonder what their up to
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/top-gear-in-israel/#3486636
"Three clowns" perhaps
7 REPLIES
prichardson
Grafter

Re: Top Gear trio spotted filming Christmas special in Israel

Well May caused a volcano to erupt, so I would hate to guess where this is going.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

that sort of thing used to be my job, in theory its is supposed to hide the shape of the car, didnt seem to work in this case,  I was team leader with the Proto Transit in Lisbon and it got into the trade press mysteriously a week before its release, I could place the time and date and location where it was taken
Community Veteran

can deduce little from the pix, but it looks like they're up to the usual trick of having to buy some duff motor and race it around.  whatever they is likely to be amusing.
it's a measure of the success of that programme that there is always one available on iplayer for those of us feeling nostalgic for them.  i like where the presenters have gone with their outside projects.  james may's man lab is hilarious and richard hammond's engineering connections is well worth a watch.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

some of when I got caught in Lisbon Oct 85
paased a speed cop in town

then got stopped just over the Old bridge

should have known better the Paperatzi got us

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Must be said I do love a good old dose of TG. Despite being a twat, Clarkson is hilariously funny at times, especially when he's miffed about something in one of their race stories.
Hamster.. well he's just unique but I've heard that him and jezza are a bit stuck up off camera.
May however.. now I kinda appreciate his taste in cars and I like his style. He's not out to belittle anyone and just likes to try and enjoy things the best way he can. Likes his gadgets, reliable engines and appreciates the hard work people put into making these machines without slagging them off because they're not the fastest.
It must be said that before the 3 of them got together on TG it was quite a boring show but now its really the dogs balls. Despite winding May up quite a lot they now seem like the team that is unseperable. I think by far the best episode was where Jezza was driving the steam train.. his face at the end was just brilliant  Cheesy
I can't remember the place but that one they went recently where they had to drive up over 16,000 feet was brilliant. Madness but brilliant.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
David_W
Rising Star

I would say, as a guess, they are trying to build a car for the Israel armed forces so it has to be able to run in the desert and have camo of some sort, obviously Clarkson went with stripes..... 
Steve
Pro

Speaking of Top gear ( which I love ) They have also teamed up with Turn10 Makers of Forza Motor sport 3 for the Xbox 360, I bought the " Ultimate Collection " Of Forza Motorsport 3 and got a 90 Min exclusive video of the trio, Twas good, Cant wait to see how It pans out when the next game Of Forza Is made, Should be great!!