cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tonights Top Gear

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Tonights Top Gear

I notice from the Sky TV listing menu that tonight's Top Gear includes some of the latest kit available to the British Army. Related to the other thread about our "boys and girls" in Afghanistan. I certainly hope some of this kit is finding its way there, rather than just  being "shown-off" to an admiring public and an approving but apparently blind and deaf MOD.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Tonights Top Gear

There was a recent exhibition of British military equipment - that Pierre-pierre highlighted - I expect that is where TG got the info from ?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Yes mal0z, I remember seeing pierre's thread. I made the same sort of comment in that thread.
Its all very well showing off all this kit, but they need it in Afghanistan NOW, not sitting in an exhibition park for admiring top brass.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

why Sky? its a BBC program Grin Grin
MOTORING: Top Gear
On: BBC 2 
Date: Sunday 12th July 2009
Time: 20:00 to 21:05 (1 hour and 5 minutes long)
Motoring news and views. Jeremy Clarkson gets chased by the British Army in some of their latest and most deadly toys. Meanwhile, Richard Hammond and James May compare the new Porsche Panamera against a small envelope, a 39p stamp and the logistical might of the Royal Mail in a race from one end of the British Isles to the other. Plus, Olympic gold medal-winning sprinter Usain Bolt is the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.
(Stereo, Widescreen, Subtitles)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=17639
Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.
Community Veteran

Quote from: pierre_pierre
chased by the British Army in some of their latest and most deadly toys.

Which sort of suggests they have them to an extent.
But don't forget that it all takes time, you can't just make and deploy such stuff in an instant, far from it.
(training, logistics, spares, support etc. etc. etc.)