Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tommy Robinson

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Tommy Robinson

Like sitting on top of a pillar  for 37 years!

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

@Luzern 

Not at all, but a lie repeated enough times does not make it true, but truth will always be true. Are you suggesting that creatures constructed and imagined are real just because some holy book says they are?

In for a penny in for a pound I guess as one nonsense is as good as another.

Would the world be better place if religion kept to matters spiritual and imagined rather than physical and actual? I certainly think so, as does history when the power of a democratic state collides as it has done with the unauthorised power of belief. 

This God was supposed to have given man free will, what a pity organised religion denies it.

wotsup
Champion

@Luzern wrote:

Well the real twist here is that men created god in their own image.....

Problem I have with religion it is all 'jam tomorrow'  - behave yourself today , do as you are told and be meek and mild and when you die you will get a reward...

@wotsup That's a very blinkered view. You ignore the drive true religious people have to fight for justice, better peoples' conditions, and much more.

Do you really think the Pope gives a damn about the people living in overpopulated squalid conditions because of catholic policy on birth control ? Does he give a damn about the kids assaulted and molested by his foot soldiers ( if he did he would have let them be prosecuted rather than quietly moving them to another area or country to carry on with their perverted way of life with his blessing ). The number of people killed in the name of religion easily exceeds the total of both world wars...   Look at countries with religious governments, their human rights record does not make comfortable reading, and punishments for petty crimes are still draconian ( anyone want their hand chopped off, any one for stoning queue over there, Oh you are gay, join the stoning queue ....etc. ) Looking at it simply religion is a numbers game, who can get the most followers,  and if banning birth control achieves greater numbers to be brainwashed from an early age then that is a result.  Religion is all about control and the sooner people realise it the better.

In trying to live by their rule book and convert it to real life religious people really back themselves into a corner and try to twist the meaning and find obscure references to back up their views.  If God does not like Gay people why did he create them..... If god does not like abortion why do babies die in the womb or during childbirth ... too many questions and no real answers from religion - just fudges and words to passify the masses..

wotsup
Champion

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

@wotsup 

Indeed, and look where it got him. :wink:

Luzern
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 5

@Jonpe wrote:

Like sitting on top of a pillar  for 37 years!

@Jonpe  Ah!, Simeon Styliites! I suppose sitting on a pillar might have been better than sitting on piles, but I don't see th point of your reference to him. Please make clear. Smiley

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

@Luzern 

Maybe the point @Jonpe was making, was that it was pointless? :rolleyes:

Luzern
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 5

@wotsup wrote:

@Luzern wrote:

Well the real twist here is that men created god in their own image.....

Problem I have with religion it is all 'jam tomorrow'  - behave yourself today , do as you are told and be meek and mild and when you die you will get a reward...

@wotsup That's a very blinkered view. You ignore the drive true religious people have to fight for justice, better peoples' conditions, and much more.

Do you really think the Pope gives a damn about the people living in overpopulated squalid conditions because of catholic policy on birth control ? Does he give a damn about the kids assaulted and molested by his foot soldiers ( if he did he would have let them be prosecuted rather than quietly moving them to another area or country to carry on with their perverted way of life with his blessing ). The number of people killed in the name of religion easily exceeds the total of both world wars...   Look at countries with religious governments, their human rights record does not make comfortable reading, and punishments for petty crimes are still draconian ( anyone want their hand chopped off, any one for stoning queue over there, Oh you are gay, join the stoning queue ....etc. ) Looking at it simply religion is a numbers game, who can get the most followers,  and if banning birth control achieves greater numbers to be brainwashed from an early age then that is a result.  Religion is all about control and the sooner people realise it the better.

In trying to live by their rule book and convert it to real life religious people really back themselves into a corner and try to twist the meaning and find obscure references to back up their views.  If God does not like Gay people why did he create them..... If god does not like abortion why do babies die in the womb or during childbirth ... too many questions and no real answers from religion - just fudges and words to passify the masses..

The Pope is not the church, however much you and those like you would like him and other  so called dignitaries to be for your aim of ridiculing the (Christian) religion.

Religion is about control; although it may seem so, such control arises from fundamentalism, christian, muslim, or whatever. That control requires the acquiescence of people to accept that control. A significant part of the church, all denominations, does think for itself, accepting what science has made known without making religious beliefs irreconcilable.

Babies in womb. Yes, it is disturbing, but what would be the result of a world, where everything is streaky clean perfection; what mankind's life would be. I suggest rather boring ans free will would not exist. rather than being automata, we have brain, intellect and will to improve. Believe in a deity or not, we're privileged. Aborting a child on the other hand is interference not a natural event. Personally, though I abhor wilful destruction of an embryo, I am not totally pro-life, as I know there exist social and medical states where it is a least bad outcome for the many people affected.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

@Luzern: "... the drive true religious people have to fight for justice, better peoples' conditions, and much more."

@Jonpe: "Like sitting on top of a pillar for 37 years!" (An example of the "much more".)

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Well love or hate him, this morning the guy is back on the street and ready to be recognised... or not with than beard.:rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLIFPP78TZc&feature=youtu.be