cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tommy Robinson

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Posts: 11,179
Thanks: 3,608
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎04-11-2014

Re: Tommy Robinson

I read that another pro-acitivist, Darren Grimes, has won his appeal against £20,000 electoral spending fine. This has the same smell of fish about it as the Tommy Robinson case - it smells like #CommonPurpose.

We might not agree with Robinson or Brexit, but to my mind it's the same thing, an establishment shut down and we should all be aware of what's going on here.

 

Community Veteran
Posts: 9,925
Thanks: 1,742
Fixes: 11
Registered: ‎02-08-2007

Re: Tommy Robinson


@wotsup wrote:

One of the most dangerous things on Earth is blind, unquestioning faith...It is so open to abuse by unscrupulous people..


I agree.

Most people need a purpose in life, it gives their life meaning, Robinson could have picked any number of things to rally against but likely choose this one because of problems he saw in the area he was growing up in, the more people support him simply adds to the strength of what he claims to believe in and as they say all publicity is good publicity.

Community Veteran
Posts: 9,925
Thanks: 1,742
Fixes: 11
Registered: ‎02-08-2007

Re: Tommy Robinson


@wotsup wrote:

There are many inconsistencies in the bible, the most glaring one is that God created Adam and eve and they had 3 sons, Cain, Abel and Seth ... then some extra women appeared out of nowhere for the sons to marry, and  load of people of Nod.........

 

Love the story of the young scouser who told his mate, I have finally figured out how God works, I prayed loads of times for him to get me a bike with no result, then I figured out it was better to steal a bike and then ask God for forgiveness ....


I wonder how many religious folk explain the existence of Cavemen ? The clear evidence of how the world began ?

What would have happened if Henry 8 decided not to remarry ?

Or that Judas had not betrayed Jesus ?

Or the bible put together 400 years after Jesus at the council of Nicea with a number of parts not included.

That at that time the whole world believed the Earth was the centre of the Universe, heaven was where the light  and clouds were with the devil in the centre of the earth.

I suspect that a number of religious thinkers are coming to the conclusion much of this is just stories and not real but millions believe this stuff to be true.

Most people have to believe in something, irrespective of how bizarre it might be, our ability to create things both fact and fiction knows no bounds........Back to sun worshipping for me...I can prove it exists !

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Posts: 2,885
Thanks: 1,043
Fixes: 9
Registered: ‎05-09-2016

Re: Tommy Robinson

With light from the sun taking eight minutes to reach us, your information about it is always going to be eight minutes out of date.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Posts: 11,179
Thanks: 3,608
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎04-11-2014

Re: Tommy Robinson

@Jonpe 

Eight minutes plus twelve hours, if you are on the wrong side of the globe during equinox. :rolleyes:   

wotsup
Seasoned Champion
Posts: 1,390
Thanks: 1,177
Registered: ‎21-11-2018

Re: Tommy Robinson


@gleneagles wrote:

I suspect that a number of religious thinkers are coming to the conclusion much of this is just stories and not real but millions believe this stuff to be true.

 


They are never going to admit it is just stories made up to control peoples lives.  I know a lot of people get comfort from having something else but themselves to blame when things go wrong.  Religion has been a nice little cushy number for a lot of people over the centuries, and they kept all the learning to themselves and even used Latin to add a bit more mystery to the whole mumbo-jumbo thing.  It is too good a business model just to dump it just because overwhelming evidence  to the contrary is there, not everyone has to believe it, just enough to keep you and your mates in fancy dress in a job. 

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Posts: 11,179
Thanks: 3,608
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎04-11-2014

Re: Tommy Robinson

From memory that's what a lot of the fuss was about when they translated the bible from Latin. The peasants reading the word of God? Disgraceful!

Priest to Bishop, "I think we've been rumbled".

  

John_Hull
Aspiring Pro
Posts: 169
Thanks: 52
Registered: ‎03-04-2012

Re: Tommy Robinson


@iangilf wrote:

dont call me a racist u fool ...


If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck ...

Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 21,909
Thanks: 3,446
Fixes: 802
Registered: ‎11-01-2008

Re: Tommy Robinson


@gleneagles wrote:


I wonder how many religious folk explain the existence of Cavemen ? The clear evidence of how the world began ?

 


First there was nothing and it exploded, you mean that clear evidence? 

I would suggest all beliefs on the beginning of time are a matter of faith. 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
John_Hull
Aspiring Pro
Posts: 169
Thanks: 52
Registered: ‎03-04-2012

Re: Tommy Robinson


We might not agree with Robinson or Brexit, but to my mind it's the same thing, an establishment shut down and we should all be aware of what's going on here.

 


I'm intrigued as to how Darren Grimes winning his appeal against sentence is proof of an "establishment shut down". He won his appeal. I can't imagine anyone more "establishment" than an Appeal Court Judge (except perhaps Mr Rees-Mogg or Mr Farage).

In the case of Mr Yaxley-Lennon, he was filming an on-going trial, in breach of reporting restrictions, on the grounds that the "establishment" wanted it buried. "The establishment" was in the midst of trying the criminals involved. On the other hand, he didn't film his erstwhile friend and fellow EDL Leader, who was being tried for the same offences.

 

Odd that. Maybe that didn't play into his agenda.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Posts: 11,179
Thanks: 3,608
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎04-11-2014

Re: Tommy Robinson

An appeal court judge might be part of 'the establishment' but they are not appointed by the government, and whilst it might be argued that a Lord Chancellor is effectively a member of the cabinet, judges are not. Despite any bias or even political and social pressure they still have to abide by the letter of the law in these cases. Interpretation is of course something else entirely different.

The establishment does not always get its way as the case against Grimes has shown and the Robinson one not.

Thankfully the UK is not like the US or some tinpot dictatorship in this respect but give it time, it's doing it's best.:wink:

Highlighted
John_Hull
Aspiring Pro
Posts: 169
Thanks: 52
Registered: ‎03-04-2012

Re: Tommy Robinson


@Minivanman wrote:

An appeal court judge might be part of 'the establishment' but they are not appointed by the government,


So, for clarity, are you saying that the issue isn't "the establishment", it's "the govenment"?

Community Veteran
Posts: 9,925
Thanks: 1,742
Fixes: 11
Registered: ‎02-08-2007

Re: Tommy Robinson


@dvorak wrote:

@gleneagles wrote:


I wonder how many religious folk explain the existence of Cavemen ? The clear evidence of how the world began ?

 


First there was nothing and it exploded, you mean that clear evidence? 

I would suggest all beliefs on the beginning of time are a matter of faith. 


Ok, I accept the word clear might be a bit strong but there is good evidence of how it started as can be seen from the evidence we have, contrast that to the evidence of the alternatives which others believe in but can produce no evidence to back it up.

Just my opinion but with our increasing knowledge of the universe there will come a time when we can say for certain how life began on earth.

From nothing you cannot have something so something has always been in existence and we can already see distant galaxies where planets are formed and eventually die just like our own galaxy will do, we measure things in time, perhaps time does not exist and these things have existed for ever ?

TTman
All Star
Posts: 596
Thanks: 377
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎26-01-2019

Re: Tommy Robinson

@gleneagles  As you say as we understand things everything must come from something so whenyou get as far back as you can man Invented God to explain things,But where did God come from?:huh:

wotsup
Seasoned Champion
Posts: 1,390
Thanks: 1,177
Registered: ‎21-11-2018

Re: Tommy Robinson

I like the Christian fish symbol but with legs and 'Darwin' inside - puts it all in perspective. Never mentioned Dinosaurs in any bible I ever saw....

 

http://www.darwinfish.co.uk/darwinfish.html