cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toilet Paper

Fixes: 47

Toilet Paper

I thought I'd give it a catchy title.
I have a roll of 2 ply toilet paper in front of me and the layers are out of sync.
Now I can understand that rolling up two layers of paper inevitably causes the outer layer to lag behind the inner layer...but by half a sheet Shocked...this seems excessive and causes problems at usage time.
Do I have grounds for complaint with the manufacturer or the retailer who sold it to me?
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
55 REPLIES
GG
Grafter

Re: Toilet Paper

Separate the ply's (plies?) whilst on the roll, then roll the top most layer back over the roll. Usually ends up that the sheets are back in alignment on the perforations, with a single ply full sheet on the end. Not ideal, but a solution none-the-less.
The problem you alude to, however, lies with the manufacturer and not the retailer.

Thank you GG for a detailed response Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: GG
The problem you alude to, however, lies with the manufacturer and not the retailer.

Actually, the problem is more likely to be that when starting the roll the wrong plys were separated when dealing with glued sheets - i.e. a user error!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Am I bothered  Cheesy
I always buy the rather superior wet ones and they are separate  Cool
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra

Quote from: spoon
user error!

Embarrassed Sad
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Get a couple of empty 'bog-roll inner tubes' (the cardboard bit from the middle of a used roll), then you can separately wind the two plies onto individual tubes and you'll end up with two rolls each the length of the original two-ply - two for one should appeal to a Yorkshireman.
Warning: don't expect full performance from single ply - now please wash your hands.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

Quote from: spoon
Actually, the problem is more likely to be that when starting the roll the wrong plys were separated when dealing with glued sheets - i.e. a user error!

Isn't that an installer error (assuming it has been installed on a holder and the installer was responsible for 'freeing the end')?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.

Good call w23 Smiley...I'll have a word Angry
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: PeterLoftus
Am I bothered  Cheesy
I always buy the rather superior wet ones and they are separate  Cool

These are going to be a bigger problem than plastic bags, this include the so called flushable ones.
Community Veteran

"These are going to be a bigger problem than plastic bags, this include the so called flushable ones."
too true.  the poor folk who have to deal with "fat bergs" will attest to that.  wet wipes don't break down like toitet paper does, so they clog up the pipes and get soaked with the fats and oils that people think it a good idea to pour down the sink and any minute now there is a flood in the street because the sewer is blocked.
Community Veteran

You only need three pieces of toilet roll, one up, one down, and one to polish, at least that's what Arnold J. Rimmer claims... Grin
Community Veteran

Quote from: GG

But legally its between the supplier and purchaser - in this case Strat and the retailer... who then has rights with their supplier.. and so forth.
Strat..  I think you need to restore the old man avatar... then everyone round here will understand why you keep talking about toilet issues just lately  Tongue  Cheesy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@itsme thanks for your input. I trust you have a website for those with a more than passing (no pun intended) intrest in the subject of wet ones. But i won't be giving up on what is one of life's simple pleasures.
In fact I probably pioneered the use of the product by adults when I stole my children's wipes when they were sold for infants under the trade name "wet ones"  many years ago.  
Now I have experienced the real thing paper just doesn't cut the mustard. They are even available in Saudi Arabia where tradition has it you use sand in your left hand. They used an alcohol free formulation though so weren't as good as ours.  Wink
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran

Quote from: PeterLoftus
They are even available in Saudi Arabia where tradition has it you use sand in your left hand.

I'm not even going to ask how that works...  but it does explain all the sandstorms they have out there with all those spicy foods  Cheesy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!