cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today's River Pageant

Community Veteran

Today's River Pageant

Today's big event is the River Pageant.  Although the weather isn't good at present crowds are already turning up to claim their places on the route.

River Pageant
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Today's River Pageant

Another interesting site worth looking at:
More River Pageant
It shows the build-up of the flotilla.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Real shame about the weather though.
On a slightly offbeat note, a skilled artisan has probably spent weeks designing, building and covering with luxurious red material the thrones installed on the Royal barge, and they went completely unused.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

A fantastic spectacle.  Despite the weather it went off well and the crowds enjoyed it.  We do events like this so well Cool Cool
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

Yes it was a fantastic spectacle and very well done, shame about the fly-past, I hope they do that tomorrow before the concert.
Thanks for those links earlier artmo  Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

could do it during the concert, might sound better Roll eyes Roll eyes
jmd
Grafter

Community Veteran

An interesting 'tongue in cheek' article.  I watched mostly on the BBC but did also look at ITV and Sky.  They all seemed to take the same video feed but had their own commentary. I preferred the BBC. The others struck me as being a bit lightweight.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Jan Moir in today's Mail tore into the BBC studio coverage with a vengeance: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2154222/Queens-Diamond-Jubilee-2012-BBC-sank-tide-wittering-...
'fraid I agree with her...
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.