Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today only: 10% off everything online at Halfords.com

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Today only: 10% off everything online at Halfords.com

Use code REVIEW50K
I'm never sure whether to trust these so called sales but for anyone else out there it might be useful.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Today only: 10% off everything online at Halfords.com

On second thoughts you might be better avoiding it. I've just looked online at some of the stuff I have... massively inflated prices  Roll eyes
One socket set, I bought for £70 a while back and its been at that price ever since. Suddenly it's £140  or £126 with the 10% discount.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yeah, and don`t they fel BIG about giving you 10pence off for every pound you spend.... WOW... really makes it worthwhile making the effort and the cost of the journey....  Halfords = Bike shop, trying to muscle in on the car market.... as for inflated prices... I was stuck for a headlight bulb on a saturday evening, (was going out later)... they charged me £9.56 for one.....on the Sunday, I ordered 2 from a Ebay seller for £2.50 inc p&p.... they arrived on Tuesday morning.... kept in the car for next time I need one.....
Community Veteran

Yes indeed they love their over priced bulbs. I remember going in their once for a halogen headlight bulb for my partners ford ka. £7.95 per bulb. I then realised they were identical bulbs to my renault.. which I was breaking up at the time  Cheesy Needless to say we headed back home and stripped out every bulb possible. I'm breaking up another one now so the spare bulb box is rapidly filling up lol.
You're right about the bike shop thing though, they also pay bike shop wages too. In my local halfords you never get a smile, never get any real expert advice / knowledge etc and even their customer services phone number is useless - I'm still waiting for someone to ring me back 2 years after making a complaint about something I can't even remember about now! They also do some strange things with their lifetime warrantied tools too.. I've taken a couple back and all they do is put them back in the glass cabinet to sell to someone else  Shocked
The 10% off is online orders only so you save on the fuel but if under £30 of orders you spend on delivery  Roll eyes Like I said, I don't often trust these so called sales but I figured someone somewhere might find a way to use it or find a bargain somehow. It does happen sometimes. If you can find something that hasn't been marked up above its normal price then it may still be handy.
Steve
Pro

Always on a lookout for bargains me, and I always find one.