Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today is World Bee Day

Champnet
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 7

Today is World Bee Day

So be kind to the little pollinators.......

7 REPLIES 7
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Re: Today is World Bee Day

If you see any!

When i was a kid in teh 80s the little bliters were everywhere along with wasps. These days you're lucky to even see one.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 47

@7up  Have seen a few around out garden... just the "odd one"... ( no I don`t mean they have only one wing or antenna! ! !).. or two..

so here`s a few to keep you going

BB B B B B B B B BBBBBB  B BBBBBB    BBBBBB    BBBBBBBB     B  B B B B B B B B B B B B      B BBBB  😀

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

We get quite a wide variety of honey bees in our small garden and expect even more this year as we've moved on from trying to grown veg out in the open to planting more flowers. There are also several bee hives dotted around the village.

No so many wasps which is a sort of relief, they just decide to turn up when we decide to eat outside! 

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 32

I half heard this mentioned on the radio, and wondered what on earth a world bidet was. 🤔

We try to keep a variety of bee-friendly plants in the garden. They're especially keen on the lavender, and on occasion there are so many on the wintergreen barberry hedge you can hear the buzzing through an open window.

A journey of a thousand sites begins with a single click.

ADSL2+   Billion 7800N
Champnet
Seasoned Champion

For years the Bees have been drilling holes in the south facing garage wall, for years I've been filing them in.

On a recent visit to Kew Gardens I saw they were actually selling Bee friendly bricks. Thumbing through the books I now realize they are not trying to demolish the garage but building homes for themselves and their families....

Champnet
Seasoned Champion

@198kHz wrote:

I half heard this mentioned on the radio, and wondered what on earth a world bidet was. 🤔

Sit on it for a while, you'll eventually work it out.....

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@Champnet wrote:

For years the Bees have been drilling holes in the south facing garage wall, for years I've been filing them in.

Used to be fascinating watching the solitary bees in my greenhouse. They used to tunnel into the earth in pots then pull in carefully curled up green leaves.

Parasitic wasps were more fun. You see a small green caterpillar going slower and slower and stop. Bulge out here and there as a scene from Aliens in miniature happens with multiple "Aliens" bursting out of the still living caterpillar.