cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toaster Query

Fixes: 47

Toaster Query

By what method does a Toaster determine when the bread is toasted to the required degree.
Mine often gets it wrong depending on the temperature outside.
I have it set at 50% of the dial and in winter the bread comes out a light brown whereas in Summer it is ejected a dark brown to almost black.
I would expect the dial not to need adjusting throughout the year once the desired toast colour is found by trial and error.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
12 REPLIES
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Toaster Query

It's probably just a timer thing.
In summer, the ambient temperature is a bit hotter, so the elements achieve a higher temperature - maybe?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Use best steam coal on the fire, give it time to glow, and make sure the fork prongs are evenly inserted in the bread.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

If you are making toast for the family, say 8 slices it can be quicker to do it under the grill, which also gives you more control over it.

It's a family of one here.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

1. the toaster uses a "clockwork" timer type thing...
2.. If it is a four slice toaster and you only want two slices... put one in each slot  if it is a two slice toaster, and you only want one slice... keep an eye/nose on the toaster and switch off early in the toast cycle, as it will do it much quicker with one slot not in use...
3.... the freshness of the bread... i.e. the water content, will also determine how "brown" or not, the toast is...
4 use the middle of the toasting slot for slices ...  
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

It's magic, 'nuff said... Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

What do you get if you put the Spice Girls in a toaster?  ---------------------------  Pop tarts!
How do you toast a chimpanzee? -------------------------------------  under a gorilla.
A blonde woman, with brown hair, walks into a shop and goes to the shopkeeper and asks "could i buy this toaster?".To which the shopkeeper replies, "sorry i don't sell to blondes". So the blonde goes home - determined to buy that toaster- and colours her hair red and goes back the next day. When she asks to buy the toaster again the shopkeeper says "sorry i don't sell to blondes". So she dies her hair black and goes back the next day. When, once again she asks for the toaster the shopkeeper who replies " sorry, I don't sell to blondes" . The blonde who at this point was furious, asks the shop keeper "how did you know I am blonde?" to which the shopkeeper replied "because that "toaster" is a microwave".
Sorry girls!
MJN
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Many toasters employ a simple bimetallic strip which moves in response to heat and ends up unlatching the toaster (and disconnecting the heating elements) after a period of time. Normally you would see darker toast in winter given that the strip takes longer to respond to the heat. However, you seeing the opposite is perhaps down to the bread being drier due to the higher ambient temperatures.
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

It's expensive, but with this toaster you can see the bread while it's toasting.
Not young enough to know everything
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

if you want toast you need one of these Smiley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRq_SAuQDec
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Nah, you need a Photonicinduction 10 Second toaster... Grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUPSGvWr6xE
For one, it doesn't demand everyone eats 400 rounds of toast like Talkie... Grin

My bread is stored in the freezer otherwise it would go off as I don't eat a lot.
My current toaster has a 'Frozen Slice' setting.