cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To do!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

To do!

Can anyone recommend a preferably free To Do software? I'd like to be able to set it for pop-up say (for example) 24 hours in advance of a required date, preferably like a sticky note that would last a set amount of time before automatically deleting itself if not done manually.
Or am I asking too much.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
17 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: To do!

no dont think so, got one on my Nokia phone, set an alarm, the didnt know how to turn it off
try this for starters  http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=144246
pierre_pierre
Grafter

N/A

If you are a Firefox user I can recommend ReminderFox which does exactly what you want and is a very simple little addon.
It has two tabs - reminders and to do's but you can add more yourself.  You can put in your note and set a reminder for any length of time before it.
ReminderFox pops up as soon as you launch the browser.  The only thing that would be useful (to me) is for it to be synchronized across computers but it is no big problem really.
Lots of other little features so take a look yourself to see if it fits the bill.
The other one that springs to mind is Remember the Milk.  I have tried this but not enough to get comfortable with it and prefer ReminderFox.
Fixes: 104

if you have an android phone astrid is good.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

Thanks poppy (and those who responded) thats exactly what I'm looking for ...I think, prior to trying it that is.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Thank you poppy - that's a great little add-on. I'm still finding Deskpins very useful too, which you recommended in May last year.   Smiley
Not young enough to know everything
N/A

Hope that you like ReminderFox - would like to hear what you think of it.  I know that Shutter uses it too.
With regards to Deskpins I still use it all the time and can't manage without it - excellent little app.
Oddly enough, in Ubuntu/Linux the facility to have a window on top of others is built in - just have to click 'Always on top' from the menu at the top left of the window.
Can't understand why Microsoft did not do this as well.  Maybe they look too hard at the big picture rather than the little things that make computing easier.
198kHz
Seasoned Pro

I've had a play with it, poppy, and there's a lot more in it than I imagined. Still, it'll do what I want on the defaults, and I can explore further later. Thanks again.  Smiley
Community Veteran

I know someone who uses ReminderFox and likes it a lot Smiley
Community Veteran

I personally use ToDo.txt placed carefully in my startup folder Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Hey! poppy, ReminderFox is rather good...thank you.

198kHz
Seasoned Pro

Nice one okrzynska - a cunning plan.  Cool
Community Veteran

Wink
No depedency on other software, and it runs straight away Smiley
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
N/A

Yes, it does work and is very simple to set up.
With regards to ReminderFox, one thing that I would like to see is synchronization as with XMarks.  I have just had a little 'play' and have found a method of doing this with Dropbox.
Using RF Options > File tab > Export.
Export to Dropbox then import the data from Dropbox on the other computer.
It is not perfect as the user has to do the synchronization manually but it does work.