Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Joint account?

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

To Joint account?

Can I change my account witout difficulty, cost, or penalty; does anybody know?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Re: To Joint account?

We both changed our single accounts to joint accounts, so we still use those accounts as though they were single accounts but we each have access to those accounts.

Not sure if you can change it over the internet as they require a signature from the person added to the account so that was a visit to the nearest branch.

We did this about 5 years ago so things might have changed, a phone call to your bank would clarify the position.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

@Luzern wrote:

Can I change my account witout difficulty, cost, or penalty; does anybody know?

You are confusing me....yes I know it doesn’t take much......

I thought you were talking about Bank accounts.....not your  PN account.

😙

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 9

As far as I know you can't have a joint PN account but another person can be listed as authorised to perform certain functions on the account on your behalf.

If you are talking bank accounts, I'm pretty sure the banks would do that free of charge but - as mentioned - a visit to a branch will probably be necessary.  If they want to charge you, change to another bank where it will definitely be free to open a private joint account; they may even give you a few quid to welcome you.  Although I've never had reason to test it, the switching of current accounts to a new bank is now supposed to be like switching ISP, i.e. you sign up with a new bank and they transfer your direct debits etc.

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

@Jonpe  Defo it's about PN, as I am an expired bank slave.

Funny how utilities and insurance, as examples, can manage, but PN may be unable, as its products are today's utilities as muchare gas and electric.

Sigh:(

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

@Jonpe wrote:

As far as I know you can't have a joint PN account but another person can be listed as authorised to perform certain functions on the account on your behalf.

That's called a power of attorney isn't it?

As long as your name is listed on the account then technically you can authorise things (as well as the other person on your account) to your bank. As long as PlusNet get paid, I don't see it being a problem.

PlusNet were good when I had to change our account details to someone else's.

Highlighted
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

@Luzern 

Along with many organisations Plusnet account security is really poor, all you need to know is the full address, phone number, full password and date of birth and be the correct gender. Some sort of two factor security needs to be added.

Dan

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 9

@Alex wrote:

@Jonpe wrote:

That's called a power of attorney isn't it?

That is a very formal process, I was thinking more of occasions where a PN customer isn't 'good with computers' and a (usually younger) relative or friend is authorised by said person to perform certain functions on the account.  They can't change the package the customer is on or close the account for example (which I think you can do with power of attorney).