cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Times and Sunday Times Online

Community Veteran

Times and Sunday Times Online

Rupert Murdoch has announced that he is going to charge for the online versions of the Times and Sunday Times.  I wonder if enough people will pay to make it worth while Undecided
21 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Times and Sunday Times Online

good way to commit commercial suicide.
Community Veteran

Apparently it will be £1 a day or £2 a week. 
johpal
Grafter

I won't pay for the hardcopy version; damned if I'll pay for it on line either. There are plenty of alternatives.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Went to my Brother in Laws yesterday, he takes the Times, cost for that copy £1.50, bet he never has time to look through it, and his paper recycle bin, a large one is full to the top. Takes me a long time to look at the BBC RSS feeds, Dont cut down Trees Smiley Smiley
community
Grafter

I read the Daily Mail online for £6 per 28 days and that's quite economical on pocket and trees. Smiley
Before this , I used to only buy the paper on a saturday, which cost me 4 x 80p = £3.20 anyway plus the walk to the shop in all weathers. Wink
So I am happy to spend what I now do.
(However, I always skip the political content  Grin )
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Can`t remember the last time I bought a newspaper..... must have been about the time we changed from "old money" to "new money"....  Cheesy  I often see people leaving the paper shop on a Sunday morning with a very large newspaper haul, and think to myself...... "have they really got nothing better to do on a Sunday, than to sit around and actually READ all that rot..... "
as I said before....... Get out.... get a life..... you`re only here ONCE..... !  Smiley
Edit.... Yes, I was up at 6.30 this morning as usual, and just going out for the day....... again... ! ! ! !
Community Veteran

I always buy the Sunday Times and Mail on Sunday and read them quite extensively.  I also look at a number of papers online but don't think I'd pay to read them that way.  There's something about being able to flick through pages in a newspaper and this can't be done online.
community
Grafter

Quote from: artmo
There's something about being able to flick through pages in a newspaper and this can't be done online.

Sorry but you obviously have not tried reading a newspaper online........
It's actually even quicker to "flick through pages" online... Wink
community
Grafter

Quote from: community
Quote from: artmo
There's something about being able to flick through pages in a newspaper and this can't be done online.

Sorry but you obviously have not tried reading a newspaper online  properly......
It's actually even quicker to "flick through pages" online... Wink
Community Veteran

Community, that's interesting.  I was wondering if that was the case.  When I go to the Times online I don't get pages but have to scroll and click around.  I guess once you've paid for the online version they've made it look more like a normal paper. Smiley
Community Veteran

I'm a Sudoku fan.  Are these available in the online versions?  And how about the crossword?
community
Grafter

Yes. All the puzzles are there obviously.
I am also a fan of ALL the 'coffee break' puzzles and stay on that page more often than others!
I often print the crosswords (using wireless printer and network routing) and enjoy them in my favourite chair after tea  Smiley
did you know that with the Daily Mail, you can also have the paper read to you online?!! You simply click on a microphone icon and the article is read to you!
Community Veteran

Thanks Community.  That's interesting about the Mail being able to read to you.  It has lots of possibilities.
community
Grafter

Yes, it is quite useful.
Particularly for me because I have a little dyslexia........