cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time

Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

Re: Time

I suspect that many people who live in Towns and Cities have not seen a clear night sky for years and will never do so unless they get out in the country side where there are no street or other types of light.

As for time, it's something we have invented and as said earlier by @Mook does not exist.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

So we were right, the world was not created in six days! 

I knew it, they're making it up as they go along. 

https://www.openbible.info/topics/time

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 20

@Mook wrote:

@shutter wrote:

@Mook wrote:

A look up at a clear night sky will put it into perspective.

@Mook  And what do you suggest the best time would be to do that  ?  Huh

Whenever is best for you and you have a clear view, the best opportunity being when there is no sunlight. Tongue

@Mook With an indirect answer to a direct question, you would make a good politician.... VOTE MOOK ! ! Cheesy

Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

Not uncommon to hear some retired people say, " Don't know how I found the time to go to work"

Here we are discussing something that does not exist...Time

How many other things do we spend our waking lives discussing that do not exist, only existing in our minds.

Does anything really exist ?

Fixes: 174

Only when it is observed.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 64.0 (64-bit)

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

As I was only saying to my mate René over a pint last night "Cogito ergo sum brother, cogito ergo sum" Wink

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 20

Report to Mods.... Forum Rule.... All post to be in the English Language.. !   Shocked

Fixes: 238

This explains it all.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Steve
Seasoned Pro

@7up wrote:

Back in my early twenties I was losing entire days without much thought. Then it turned to weeks in my mid twenties. I hit thirty and months started rolling by and now I have a kid that is two - it was only a couple of days ago she called me upstairs where i found her holding a positive pregnancy test Shocked

That's the thing not only older people experiencing it but younger people too it surely can't be all our imaginations? feels just like yesterday you announced on the forum you were going to be a father.

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

I didn't announce i was going to be. That was a secret kept between myself, you and Mav if I remember correctly.

I used my 10k'th post to announce his birth as a story in images.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

@Mook wrote:

Hate to give you the bad news guys but time as we know it doesn’t really exist and is only a concept used to serve as a matter of convenience for mankind, and even then it’s all totally meaningless in the wider universe. A look up at a clear night sky will put it into perspective.

I'm 30 something rotations around the sun. I'll be another rotation in a few months time. My little lad is nearly 24 rotations!!!

As for the thought of time travel it is indeed travelling through actions of the universe, not "time" travel.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Jonpe
Champion
Fixes: 7

Could it be that the older we get, the smaller a proportion of our lives each unit of time becomes?  I.e. when you are two years old, a year is 50% of your life, at 20 it's 5% and so on.  Also while we are growing up, going to school etc. our lives are forever changing but there comes a time when not much changes.

Infinity
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

@Strat wrote:

A related item on the BBC last night

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08kgv7f/gravity-and-me-the-force-that-shapes-our-lives?suggid=...

What an excellent programme, well worth watching if you have any interest in Science and the Universe

It covered many aspects of Gravity, Time etc

It reminded me of the Enhanced Maths & Physics we studied after completing our "A" Level Maths, Further Maths & Physics in the Sixth Form.

A few of us were offered an extra curricular course, which although mind blowing at the time, helped to understand the advanced theory Physics professor Jim Al-Khalili provided in this programme.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08kgv7f

It's on BBC iPlayer, also repeated BBC4 Sunday evening.