cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to stand up and be counted

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Time to stand up and be counted

Was listening to a fascinating radio phone in. That asked the question: In this modern world, how do you hold the old fashioned premise in emergency; "women and children first" ?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Time to stand up and be counted

I doubt you do in today's world.  It's everyone for themselves now isn't it?
scootie
Grafter

Re: Time to stand up and be counted

that all went when women wanted equal rights  Wink as for children depends if the the anoying type or not  Smiley
had an intersting train journey stuck in the door way with my dog and a girl and what must of been her new BF going home for crimbo, they was both the very snobby type and i heard her say she didnt like how one of her friends would use swear words in pretty much every sentce they spoke at which point i was so bored i decided to count how many times she swore in front of me and a child that could hear her and pointed out she had swore 57 times in the time it took to get from sheffield to chesterfield which is bout 20mins ( i pointed this out as i was getting of the train to avoid the swear counting going sky wards  Grin )
most women just dont act like women any more and hence why i sat confomfy in my seat as she stood swearing in front of children