cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time for new PN boss to write a blog/post on forum?

scootie
Grafter

Time for new PN boss to write a blog/post on forum?

With the new direction PN is taking my self think it is time that the new PN boss to write a blog or just makes him self known to PN customers.
He has had plently of time to settle in and has launched the new products time to talk to the  loyal PN customers and explain this new direction PN are taking.
i added non of above to keep the no voters happy Grin you know who you are Wink
sry if i have set somthing up wrong on the poll as its my 1st one Smiley
16 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Time for new PN boss to write a blog/post on forum?

Indeed - and no matter how busy he may be.
When I was working with BT on a coloborative product, the divisonal boss ( CEO ) came to all our regional sales confernces all around the UK, and always made a point of at least briefly meeting all customers when they visited.
It's part of a CEO's job in the view of many.
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Seems BT's already made their contribution with the product refresh.

Community Veteran

Quote from: ASBO
i added non of above to keep the no voters happy Grin you know who you are Wink

Roll eyes Who me?  Tongue  In this poll you have posted an option that I want to vote for.
techguy
Grafter

I doubt he will now as I think the fact the prodict refresh thread now extends to 14 pages demonstrates its not gone as well as hoped, least among the regulars.
Community Veteran

Quote from: techguy
its not gone as well as hoped, least among the regulars.

Little bit of an understatement there.
Community Veteran

To be honest, I highly suspect that Plusnet knew this product change wouldn't go down well with regulars. It seems that Plusnet have decided that the best way to counter churn is by locking new customers in to long contracts rather than offering something existing customers want, and that's basically their choice - not a nice one for those who have been loyal, but that's their 'business decision'.
techguy
Grafter

Think you are right there Chilly.
I feel rather sorry for the comms team to be honest as they are getting the flak for a decision made higher up, would be interested to know who actually made the decision on these products as think its going to prove to be somewhat of an own goal for PN.
Indeed, I would have thought about coming back if the existing products had been tweaked but of course BT now have their fangs deep into PN and it shows sadly so I won't be nor would I recommend PN.
techguy
Grafter

incidentally when it was announced there would be someone new at the helm I did post that I was concerned what might be the result and a lot of people poured cold water on that thought but I have to say I told you so, here is the result.
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Migrated in Jul 08 - glad I did. I'll be very happy to stay with Legacy BBYW 2 if it continues to perform as well as it has thus far, but I'd be steering clear if I was looking for an ISP now. Not sure what I'd recommend if someone asks me tomorrow, but I doubt it would be Plusnet.  Sad
Not young enough to know everything
Fixes: 47

I would be having second thoughts about putting my name forward for this year's Open Day assuming there is one.
Last year's was quite lively at one point but if this status quo continues then this year's could be very much more so Lips are sealed
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
techguy
Grafter

Be interesting to see what happens when the plague of freeloading locusts arrive, think they'll be a packet drop increase.
It's a real shame as I really thought Plusnet were different to the rest, as for me I'm off back to Newnet as of Friday as I'd wanted to cut my costs and its a good job I went with my gut decided to pay up to leave other I'd be stuck paying for 16GB I wont use or downgrade and tie in for 18 monhs.
I would recommend the old home phone product but of course that's no longer available so I'll have to use BT when I move.
Community Veteran

And Neil Armstrong has been very quiet ??   
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Quote from: mal0z
And Neil Armstrong has been very quite ??   

Don't you mean quiet?

scootie
Grafter

Quote from: techguy
Be interesting to see what happens when the plague of freeloading locusts arrive, think they'll be a packet drop increase.

i dont think the p2p freeload clan will come this way not if they see the caps put p2p on unlimited in peak hours.
after runing my unlimited conection for day i can see the streaming/ catcup tv/ live t.v feeds ect aka gold traffic is going to go through the roof.
i havent got t.v in my upstaris room due to digi being no gd in this room and have now turned to streaming t.v which i have left runing most of the day(100KB/s) theres no point in running p2p in day as the speed caps are so more notacable on unlimited compared to option3.
so i see increase in gold traffic being the biggest headache for network.
and yes i have battled my thoughts today when leaving room to pause the streaming why i go down staris for 5 mins(this is how the old prouducts condtioned me to think dont waste a drop of bandwidth. now today i have left gold traffic running allday in the hope there sat in the pn network control room. praying to god what have we unleashed.
they give unlimited so iam showing them how the techguy put it free loading locust will come and use there connection with little regauard for other uses of the network.
For god sake ex BT guy come and take the pessure of the lovely PN cs staff and take account for your great vesion of PN's future.
if i would of bein cs last night i would of thought long and hard about calling a sicky today. round of applause for the excellent cs guys(not trained by BT you can tell as there is qaulity still there with cs. mind wont take bt long to strip that out the bussiness.
new customer surrport number india 7587455478956
p.s how do you stop PN staff from voting in polls as i feel the boss has forced 3 staff members to vote not botherd Grin