Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time for a new office chair?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 30

Re: Time for a new office chair?

@Luzern wrote:

BTW how does one know, ordering online, that the seat will be suitable? They're not like clothes you can return to M&S.

Well, now,... Mook recommended this chair to the forum readers.... and I had a look at their site... and decided to purchase the one I have got, which, fortunately, is the best office chair I have ever had... and I have had a few.... ( point of interest.... the "castors" on this chair roll a lot easier than previous chairs... AND  they include a spare set of 5 just in case you wear them out ! ! )..

If... this chair had not met with my approval, on any point... then I would have contacted the company and requested a returns advice, and returned it to them.... pointing out, that due to ... ..... (whatever fault ) they had not met my requirements as advertised, and ask for a "free return" ... As it was purchased through Ebay... there was also the fact that I could leave some nasty feedback, if they did not comply ,... and also take them through the "resolution" process, which, generally tends to favour the customer.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

@shutter wrote:

there was also the fact that I could leave some nasty feedback, if they did not comply

You're going on my block list.:smiley:

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 8

@shutter but it's more potential hassle than viewing, trying and buying from a real shop. Any all is on hold, as have been dealing with phone and internet problems and family events, sad and glad, are about this week.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 8

Resurrectiont ime!

I got round to visiting some places last Friday, and found a Senator Medium back Mode 2 posture chair for £150 ex VAT. Possibly it is a bit pricey, but the spec includes inflateable lumbar adjustment and other goodies to make this antiquity comfortable, 

BTW I had to wait for my saughter to take me in to So'ton, as I have virtually stopped driving, and we had to visit several sites.

She's exceptionally busy all the time!

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 30

@Luzern  see my reply numbe 16 on this thread..

The chair is STILL in good condition.. no wear on the arm rests... ( yes I do use them ! .. ) and the castors are still running very smoothly  ... even though it`s on carpet...  and the seat is still as comfy as the day I bought it..

Excellent chair..  and 100% recommend it to anyone.

Just checked on ebay... and my particular model is not available... however.. similar one`s .. with movable armrests... ( very important to check that on the pics ) ... are ...

put this in the search box ...

SONGMICS PU Office Chair Swivel Chair Executive Computer Gaming Chair Desk Chair

and then you scroll through the small pics below the main one... until you see the pic of your choice... then if i is available... you get the model number and price displayed...

most are under £90 DELIVERED...

Another bonus... for you... no need to go to Southampton... ( oops.... that`s two bonuses ! ! ) ..

order it on line... and it will be delivered ...... FROM GERMANY...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

@Luzern wrote:

@shutter@Anonymous

I shall consider your offers, but being a little* guy, 5'6" and 62 kgs, high back chairs can seem a bit 'encompassing'.

*choose your alternative word: titch, weed, midget etc etc.Grin

Oh! What with the incorrect political post.....'little guy'.....

Same height as you....never considered myself 'little' and certainly never caused me any problems in the past.....

Come to think of it people in general do seem taller these days....

NB: Above is just a tongue in the cheek comment....nowt serious ! No offence meant !
😃😃