cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Team

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Time Team

I am an avid watcher of the programme on tv that goes around and digs up places, and then proceeds to tell us all about how the people lived, etc,
I refer to "Time Team"... I think it is fascinating the way they do it, BUT
1... initially they use a JCB and scrape away the first 12 to 24 inches of topsoil..... but never seive it, or delve too deeply into its contents, YET... they also use teams of people to walk across an area, picking up anything that may be of interest, and usually find something of not,
2. Why do they    " ....only have 3 days to find the answers."  as Tony Robinson keeps reminding us at the start of each programme....and never start digging until 10 a.m.  (half a day gone by my reckoning ! ! )
2 REPLIES
Zathras
Grafter

Re: Time Team

1. just cos you dont see them sieve it doesnt mean they dont. They often use metal detectors on the spoil too.
2. Its 3 days because originally it was done at the weekend so the team only needed 1 day off from their day jobs. When it changed to 13 episodes a season they moved to working on week days.
Community Veteran

Re: Time Team

like everything else on television, it has to be reduced to manageable sound bites.  what the time team does is not archeology, it's cheapo productions.