Did you mean: 

Ticket sales down?

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Ticket sales down?

Quote from: journeys
Agree with Strat and 7up.
exceptions are family, friends and neighbours.
I point blank refuse to give to a charity that employs 'fund raisers' and pays staff more than 'a living wage'.
(never bought a lottery ticket, not sure I'd no how :-[)
And you can add me to that list as well !
Some of these organisations have people giving their services on a voluntary basis whilst those at the top are on top salaries, their salaries often funded from donations made by the public.
Highlighted
Fixes: 414

I've never bought tickets for the National Lottery because of the so-called good causes (that was just a bonus of the possibility of winning something) and have only bought two or three at a time when they were £1 at go. Even when they used to have the huge rollover jackpots I'd only buy one extra ticket.
Now it's just £2 a week on the same set of numbers I've had since the first draw. I was badgered by SWMBO to buy some more on Christmas Day and relented and bought 5. I won £25 Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Highlighted
Community Veteran

You came out on top.  You made £15 profit whereas on the old price you would have only made £5 Smiley
Highlighted

Yep - That was the second £25 win within a month. Probably be another two year or more till the next one, though Shocked

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

I spent a tenner on the lottery once and won it back. Enough said and point taken lol.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Grafter

It appears that Camelots experiment is failing  (quelle suprise!)
The jackpot for last Saturday (18th Jan) was down to £2.7m,  from an average of £4-5m before the change.
Oddly, Wednesdays jackpot seems to holding up,  at around £2.2m.
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

Yeah.... Remember when....... the lottery first started.... the jackpot on Saturday was £8million.... or more... then they started getting greedy, and opened up Wednesday, and the jackpot started to drop  then even more greed set in with the "instant win" scratch cards... and look where it has got them....
Pathetic....  ( but... having said that.... THEY .... are still in business...  Shocked )
Highlighted
Community Veteran

It will be interesting to see what happens when Camelot's contract comes up for renewal.
Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 2

probably the same thing that happened last time, someone at HMRC will get a backhander and disavow the likes of virgin etc from the ability to gain a licence and Camelot's direct take from each ticket will increase by another 10p........
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Highlighted
Community Veteran

............and you have proof of what you've said Undecided
Highlighted
Grafter

HMRC will get the backhander and their employees aka (slaves) wont see a penny  Wink
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Why would HMRC get a backhander? They do not appoint they lottery operator.
Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 2

the chief inspector of taxes was publicly investigated for accepting bribes from various executive bodies including Camelot, true it was several years ago but then so was the last round of lottery licence renewals, at the time virgin were turned down on the grounds of tax irregularities that were never formalised other than the statement by said inspector, however said inspector did receive over 5 million pounds worth of "gifts" from Camelot prior to writing his report ot the culture secretary....
if I could be bothered to lookup the stories (assuming they go back that far) then I'd provide links to them, but given how widely publicised they were at the time you would need to have been living under a rock to be unaware of them
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Highlighted

ooh another £25 win this weekend.
So 17 weeks since the new price so I've paid £34+ extra £10 for the Xmas draw means I'm up by £31 Cool
Please, no begging letters Wink

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Celebrations at Adair Towers this weekend!  £3.20 win only cost £4 in tickets.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.