Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticked off

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Ticked off

Few things worse in my world than waiting in all afternoon only for nobody to turn up as arranged. No prizes for guessing who. 

Ticked off after waiting in for over 6 hours? Just a bit.Knuppel

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Ticked off

Don't mention the word tick.

I got very few when I was at school, these days 'ticks' are everywhere and dangerous due to Lyme disease.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

When I was working I took a days holiday as we were having a washing machine delivered.

Got a phone call on the day to say sorry but we cannot deliver it today.

You can imagine what I said, when I finished my rant I could hear the guy on the other end of the phone laughing.

Further rant from me including I don't think it's funny

After more laughing at the other end it turns out it was a workmate of mine who had got his pal to phone me as joke.

Smiley

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Minivanman wrote:

No prizes for guessing who.

Jeremy Clarkson? Funny

Minivanman
Hero

Lighthearted response guys but this failure to show did not come alone as the previous day I was up early and waiting around for the appointed 8am to 1pm guy to turn up and 12.30 whereupon he spent a couple of hours putting right the previous work done by his colleague after which he left saying "there seemed a fault at the exchange" - and how many times have I heard that 'catch all' excuse before - and on the back of five previous calls for this FTTP installation all of which were unannounced. 

Yes we complain more than we praise but praise where it's due and I always give it, but to have had two consecutive days wasted on an uncompleted job does little for my own humour remembering last year when I had 3mbps for six months and somewhere in the region of twenty 'engineers' backwards and forwards trying to sort it out!

A chuckle a minute of course only made easier by having a working PSTN line as backup - which is just as well but, here I am in limbo having no idea when or if the next BT guy is going to turn up. 

As they say 'laugh? I nearly cried!' 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

Minivanman wrote:

Few things worse in my world than waiting in all afternoon only for nobody to turn up as arranged. No prizes for guessing who. 

Ticked off after waiting in for over 6 hours? Just a bit.Knuppel

Well, how can you be so certain that, Nobody turned up? Perhaps you just didn't notice him.Crazy3

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Minivanman
Hero

@Luzern

Sorry, you've lost me there. Smiley

Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

My post slightly edited!Wink

OT slightly

The young lad said to his pal, "Nobody loves me". His pal replied, " Honestly, I don't know, what you see in her"!

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.