cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumbs up! for Parcel Force 24. & Jessops !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Thumbs up! for Parcel Force 24. & Jessops !

I have been looking for a new camera, for some time, to replace my trusty Panasonic DMC FZ28 ( 18X optical zoom)... because it has served me well for the past 5 years and is looking decidedly tatty.... been mistreated, cos I take it everywhere, and it gets chucked in the back of the car, behind my seat, on the floor,.... but... still works good...
So, I did some research, and wanted two main criteria.... the biggest possible ZoooOOOM with the least cost....
The Panasonic DMC FZ72 came out on top, with 60 X optical zoom.... AND LEICA lens system.  priced at £370 in the local photographic shop, I decided to wait until the new year sales before getting excited... however, in my boredom, decided to check out prices on the net... 
FIrst up came John Lewis...at £340  ....
then Jessops at £320 with a "price match" offer... so a bit more digging around got me to
Cameraworld at £299  then up popped 
WEX photographic at £294  but best of all came
SLR Hut... at  £260....
Now, I have read things about SLR hut, that turned me off, so Jessops offer of "price match" was sent off and they said... "OK>> MATCHED ".. phone us up...
I phoned them at about 15.30 yesterday, and ordered/paid for it.... also had an offer on an 8 GB superfast SANDISK card with 25% off... bringing the total for the
camera and card to £280.19p
.... after "closing the sale"... the guy on the phone said... it will be with you tomorrow...."... and I put the phone down saying Thanks... !..
not believing a word of it... until......
  at 15.50 today.... a Enterprise white transit van pulled up outside the house, just as we were about to go out... so I was going to give the driver "what for"... blocking my driveway... when he produced a brown cardboard box, and one of those " sign `ear, mate, gizmo`s"...
YUP !... my camera has arrived.... CHUFFED TO BITS....
Happy Christmas to me...... and all my readers ! ! ..  Cheesy
7 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Thumbs up! for Parcel Force 24. & Jessops !

Excellent deal....well done shutter.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

enjoy!  may we expect more first class pikkies from you in the new year?
Community Veteran

I always do my best !.... see http://flickrhivemind.net/User/Skoda-Driver/Recent
and of course... visit my website....  Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

So you flogging your "tatty" old one  Wink
Fixes: 125

That's a great deal. Hope you enjoy your new 'toy' Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Well one there mate that sounds like you done a brilliant bit of bargain hunting!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Quote from: Hairy
So you flogging your "tatty" old one  Wink

Could be !... Offer?
will include a couple of spare batteries.... a 1.4 sigma telephoto lens... and a memory card... lens cap. strap. and usb lead.... plus mains battery charger
For info,.... the spare batteries are not "normally" required on "one day shoot"..  I got them for hols, in case I could not charge up the battery...
P. M. me with offers ......