cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thrown Out At Last

Community Veteran

Thrown Out At Last

Abu Qatada has at last been deported to Jordan. It's taken long enough but at least we've got rid of him.  Hopefully his family won't be far behind him.
Deported
26 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Thrown Out At Last

Should think he's hoping his Jordanian lawyers are as "clever" as his UK counterparts have been.
See he's merely swapping one prison for another at least to begin with, I wonder if he will "enjoy" Jordanian hospitality as much as he did here.
Will his family follow? I'm not so sure...
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

I know what you mean about the family.  They are on benefits here so I don't suppose they will be in a hurry to go.  It's reported the legal battle to deport him has cost £1.7m.
Community Veteran

As legal costs go, I rather think that may well be seen as a bargain.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
rja66
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

He certainly used the 'Human Rights'  loop hole to the max. Another reason this weak government of ours should grow some *****, leave the EU and start making some sensible decisions to get this country back on track.
Community Veteran

10 Home Secretaries have dealt with this case and credit to Teresa May for getting it sorted out.  She is to introduce new legislation in the next Parliament to prevent a case like this going on so long in the future.
Community Veteran

Until the LibDems stick their oar in I expect.

itsme
Grafter

Quote from: rja66
He certainly used the 'Human Rights'  loop hole to the max. Another reason this weak government of ours should grow some *****, leave the EU and start making some sensible decisions to get this country back on track.

What has the EU got to do with it?  European Court of Human Rights was formed by the Council of Europe which is not the EU
Community Veteran

Quote from: Petlew
Until the LibDems stick their oar in I expect.

You are right.  The Lib Dems have been a very negative influence in many political initiatives.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Well this is good news! I'm glad to hear he's gone at long last!
Thanks for posting artmo!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

This is great news! I'm really glad to hear he's gone at long last!
rja66
Rising Star

Quote from: itsme
What has the EU got to do with it?  European Court of Human Rights was formed by the Council of Europe which is not the EU

You are factually correct, but to answer your question the loop holes Qatada were using to delay his exit thus costing us all a fortune were because of the EU's stupid interpretation of the human rights act, which is just one reason (I have many others) why I think we should leave the EU. I think we are strong enough as a nation to make our own decisions and I am actually surprised Cameron is willing to be a puppet for the EU.
Thank heavens for Teresa May for being strong enough to fight for what is right and see this through.
itsme
Grafter

It has always been the European Court of Human Rights which has stopped the deportation and the EU have had no involvement..
rja66
Rising Star

My mistake then. I thought the 'European Court of Human Rights' were part of the EU governing body, I didn't realise the European Court wasn't part of the EU at all.
We are still being dictated to and run by the EU as far as I understand things, or at least parts of it. If we weren't Qatada would of been kicked out years ago.
Devonian
Grafter

The EU is only good for 3 things.
Fat Cats,  MEP's and their 'allowances' and terrorists.
The sooner we are out the better.