cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thrifty Bargain Thread

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Thrifty Bargain Thread

I thought this might be a "semi permanent" thread... where anyone who finds a particularly good bargain, can pass it on to everyone else.....
Starting off with .....
Four Cans Of Bitter 440ml ...... £1.00      at TESCO....  (Tesco own brand... used to be red cans, now changed to a pale beige and called "Everyday Value" )
granted, it is not the "top quality" stuff that you get in a pub... but it is drinkable... got a nice barley taste, and if you don`t drink much anyway, it is a nice change from a cup of tea.!..
2.1%  so you won`t get a headache either...
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Thrifty Bargain Thread

Unfortunately most stores have now run out but you might still be lucky enough to find a Huawei G300 'best value Android phone' reduced from £100 to £80, plus spend £30 on groceries instore and save £15 so you get the £100 phone for £65 (Comes locked to Vodaphone but some have been found to be unlocked out of the box and unlocking (if it isn't) is available from about £5 on ebay).
Great phone for the price if you can still find one.
[Edit] Sorry, forgot to say, that's also Tesco.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
MJN
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

If this sort if thing is of interest I'd highly recommend http://www.hotukdeals.com/
Mathew
Community Veteran

Interesting site MJN. Thanks for posting.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

We just need to realise the difference between cheap and inexpensive.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

I tend to read http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36 for the bargains, however don't forget Freecycle the ultimate bargain can be found there.
Community Veteran

The moneysaving expert site is excellent.  They have a team of researchers as well as getting information from their users.