cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three mobile network

Community Veteran

Three mobile network

I am currently with Orange, have been for years but recently the service I have found to have went downhill. I pay for my bill, I pay for the luxury of not paying for Direct Debit and most recently I now pay for delivery reports. They are the only network who still don't have 3G coverage in my local town. Aside from that where I work there has been an intermittint network fault for months which usualy means my phone is useless. This is also experienced by other Orange users at work. When I contacted them about this the guy who I could barely understand told me he would send a text message to my phone to refresh the network in my area. How exactly that was gong to fix the network fault I don't know! With all of this in mind I am going to be jumping ship at the end of my curent contract.
I have been told that Three no longer use Indian call centres, can anyone confirm this?
I would like to stress that I have absolutely nothing against anyone from any country but I can never get anywhere with Indian call centres due to the language barrier and recently closed a Santender bank account for that exact reason. As far as I can see any company who uses Indian call centres may as well just send out a letter to its custommers stating "We don't care about custommer service, our only priority is profit".
If I can confirm that Three no longer use Indian call centres it will give me another option when picking a new network. Their coverage in my area is very good.
16 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Re: Three mobile network

Never had to use their call center, but they did phone me when I canceled my MBB contract, and it was def UK then.
Community Veteran

I have learned that any company that uses Indian call centres will generally only use them when dealing with existing custommers.
They will always use UK call centres when trying to sell or stop custommers leaving etc like in your case.
Community Veteran

Orange to Three, talk about out of the frying pan into the fire!
Community Veteran

Yeah, thats why I am asking. I did have a very bad experience with Three years ago but I have heard now that they were bought over and have vastly improved.
Community Veteran

Check out MSE there is a good forum on Mobiles http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=193
But whatever you do don't get the new iPhone, Apple forgot to make the phone bit work....ROFL
Community Veteran

I despise Iphones and Apple in general simply because they force you to use their products and software. Itunes, quicktime, no flash player etc. Not to mention everyone I know with an Iphone always appears to be carrying a charger everywhere they go because the battery life is rubbish!
My current Nokia 5800 is the best phone I have ever owned, just a shame about the network it is connected to Grin
Community Veteran

I'm with O2 and can fully recommend them.  There call centre from memory is in East Anglia but can't remember as I've had little need to contact them Undecided
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Have to agree with artmo on this, 02 is much better.
Community Veteran

MMM, I did have O2 in mind some time ago. Looks like this may be the way forward. Just have to try and find out from Orange exactly when my contract is up, may be like getting blood out of a stone. I think it may just be a couple of months, if so I will just buy out now as my account is in credit by a good bit atm anyway.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I've personally always found Vodafone most helpful on my business contract with a definitely UK based call centre. However, I have a second PAYG phone (that I almost never use, I just stuck a free SIM card in an old phone and added a minimum amount of credit, the battery is flat) That I have had very occasional need to call Vodafone about. The experience was not good, I think the call centre was Asian somewhere.
So your experience may well depend on what type of contract you're on.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

So, I have been browsing the O2 site (One way to pass the night shift).
I know I will need a big pocket but I am tempted by the Dell Streak.
JonJon
Grafter

I can confirm that Three definately still use Indian call centers, as I've been a customer of theirs for a few years.
Although if you threaten to quit, you get transferred to a very English-sounding voice  Wink
Community Veteran

Just off the phone with Orange. My contract runs on longer than I had thought because I had upgraded early last time. Would cost me a bit to buy out so I will have to stick it out for another while.
I then went through to their faults department and spoke to a very nice girl in England who appaered to be genuinly trying to deal with the issue. A world of difference from the phonecall I had with them a month ago. The girl took as much detail as she could to pass to their technical team so I am hopeful this time that the network fault may finally be addresed. I will give it a couple of weeks and see. If not I may still buy out because if my phone does not at my place of work then it is little use to me.
JonJon
Grafter

I'm not a lawyer, but surely they can't expect you to buy out your contract if they aren't providing you with a useable service?