Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three Wise Women

198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Three Wise Women

From a card received yesterday:
"If instead of the recorded biblical events, three wise women had seen the star in the east, things would have been very different. They would have got there on time. They would have delivered the baby, tidied up the stable, and every visitor would have enjoyed a bowl of hot soup."
Not young enough to know everything
34 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Three Wise Women

That's always assuming they could read the map to get there the right way up.
Petlew, retires under the rock from whence he came for safety.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Especially as it was night time navigation, and there were no road signs..... Cheesy
pierre_pierre
Grafter

its a bit of a long article, but some of the comments from Insrance companies might surprise you  http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/1089-speed-cameras.php
According to Tesco Car Insurance:
    * 26% of UK drivers believe that the sign representing that no motor vehicles are allowed means the exact opposite
    * 56% thought that the road narrows sign actually meant dual carriageway ends
    * 28% wrongly identified the uneven road sign as the sign for a humpback bridge
Allan Burns, Head of Tesco Car Insurance says: "It's every driver's responsibility to keep their road knowledge up to date. A core part of the UK driving test, it's important for drivers of all ages to understand UK road signs to avoid causing an unnecessary accident."

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

What about the 5% who thought it meant beware flying motor cycles  Grin
N/A

Can't agree more 4candles - as a (very brief) one-time midwife I would have done exactly that.
Wouldn't think that gold, frankincense and myrrh are much use to a woman about to give birth - a spot of pethidine might have been more expedient.
As for the comments about getting there, I would probably have been OK as I am used to finding places. However, would have appreciated a sat nav!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Happened to be listening to Classic FM yesterday, About 4pm,  John Sargent was doing an alternative Nativity story from the Xmas St Pauls Cathedral concert, very funny. Dont know if it will be repeated, but wish I  had it recorded  (was driving ny sleigh at the time)
Community Veteran

Surely this cant be right Three Wise Women are there that many really?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Golly! samuria, and I thought I was taking a chance...

Duck!!
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
N/A

Judging by this forum we are hard pressed to find 3 wise men IMO!
Wink
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Now got the John Sargent Inn Keeper letter as an MP3, trouble is how to get it here, any one know of a service? 
jmd
Grafter

Depends what type of service you want Pierre - car, boiler, TV? Tongue
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Silly woman, I would like you to listen to the MP3
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: pierre_pierre
its a bit of a long article, but some of the comments from Insrance companies might surprise you  http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/1089-speed-cameras.php
According to Tesco Car Insurance:
    * 26% of UK drivers believe that the sign representing that no motor vehicles are allowed means the exact opposite
    * 56% thought that the road narrows sign actually meant dual carriageway ends
    * 28% wrongly identified the uneven road sign as the sign for a humpback bridge
Allan Burns, Head of Tesco Car Insurance says: "It's every driver's responsibility to keep their road knowledge up to date. A core part of the UK driving test, it's important for drivers of all ages to understand UK road signs to avoid causing an unnecessary accident."

Was it the Two Ronnies that did a sketch based on the premise that road signs were made in prisons and were a secret code to pass information between criminals?
While searching I came across this image which defies description:

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jmd
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
Silly woman,

well,I am not a silly woman
as I was using a woman's logic to ask you a straightforward question!  Crazy
ps thanbks for pm with reference though!