Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three Mobile Down

HelloDuck
Pro
Fixes: 2

Three Mobile Down

I have a Three mobile as a back up to my main  PlusNet mobile on a dual sim phone

Three is coming up Emergency Calls Only 

Looks like they have a problem anyone else on Three having problems 

HD

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 73

Re: Three Mobile Down

None here (in Sheffield) @HelloDuck . Have you checked on their website for any disruption locally?

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,175

not in my area.. have you checked out http://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support#checkforoutages ?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
HelloDuck
Pro
Fixes: 2

Thanks Moderator 

We’re fixing an issue with our network in this area

We’re sorry for any disruption you experience. Our engineers are working on masts nearby, which means the rest of our network is handling more traffic than usual.

Updates on our work will be posted here. We’re working as fast as we can to build a better, stronger network in your area.

You can find more help and advice below. And you can read more about our Big Network Build here.

Last updated on 11:45 am 15 January 2021.

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

@HelloDuck wrote:

I have a Three mobile as a back up to my main  PlusNet mobile on a dual sim phone

Three is coming up Emergency Calls Only 

Looks like they have a problem anyone else on Three having problems 

HD

I've tried this setup on a dual sim phone and 3 don't like it.

Most dual sim phones only allow one sim to have an active 3 or 4G connection - setting the other sim into 2G mode.

3 do not offer 2G support anymore. They can carry calls temporarily via other networks but they have to pay those networks for those calls - and 3 don't like that. So, if you leave a 3 sim card in a sim slot that puts it into 2G mode for a significant amount of time, 3 will normally disconnect that sim - permanently.

The only way to get around that is to set the 3 sim as your main sim so that the phone puts it into 3/4G mode.

Sorry it's not better news. To get around this i scrapped my 3 sim and ported the phone number to asda mobile who via EE (and soon to be voda instead) offer 2G.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!