cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This will get rid of some of the spare Swine Flu jabs

Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

This will get rid of some of the spare Swine Flu jabs

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/8012092/Swine-flu-vaccine-to-be-included-in-winter-flu-...
The swine flu vaccine is to be included in the winter flu jab for the first time in a bid to stop the virus from returning.
<snip>
Combining immunisation against the flu with the swine flu vaccine would prevent people from being able to turn down the swine flu jab without also missing out on the usual protection against winter flu viruses.
<snip>
The government has more than 30 million swine flu vaccines left over after responding to the outbreak of the swine flu pandemic last year.
<snip>
Up to 7 million people have the seasonal flu jab each year and it is offered to vulnerable groups such as people over 65, those with heart disease or chest problems, diabetics, and a range of others.
<snip>
In December last year, the European Medicines Agency expressed concerns that children given a second dose of the single swine flu vaccine may also develop a high fever.
Parents and doctors were urged to keep watch on a child's temperature after research found they were more likely to suffer a fever following the second dose compared with after the first. Youngsters were also more likely to suffer soreness at the site of injection as well as drowsiness, irritability and loss of appetite after the second dose.
In case you wonder - it doesn't affect me as I don't do flu jabs as I haven't had flu for over 50 years and I reckon I have built up a fair amount of immunity. At least I am not classified a a child (second childhood perhaps  Embarrassed )
Famous last words  Lips are sealed
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Re: This will get rid of some of the spare Swine Flu jabs

Hmm he was me thinking that I wouldn't need the swine flu jag this year  Sad
Had a sore arm for a bout a week after it last year  Cry
Community Veteran

One way of getting rid of it I guess Undecided  I'll be talking to my GP before I get my jab this year.
TicnTac
Grafter

If this means I get jabbed once, instead of twice then who cares what they inject me with, can't make me much worse  Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I got invited for one this year.. odd seeing as my Dr insists I am not in the at risk categories.. he was at a loss to explain the letter.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

The letters are sent out by the PCT and not your doctor.