cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This truly beggars belief!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 41

This truly beggars belief!

The last time I looked it was the 21st Century, I find this story incredulous in this day and age.

5 REPLIES 5
TTman
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: This truly beggars belief!

@Mook  I live on a coucil estate but I own my own house. I have lived on private housing estates all my life until now and dont find any real  difference. OK there can be problems occasionally usually with kids but 99.9% of the time the neighbors are great and dont find it any difference to living elsewhere. Very happy where I am living now!Smitten

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

This story was running a while back so I'm surprised it has not been resolved.

We know society works like this in other ways and always will, but this was so obvious and as you say, beggars belief.

What on earth were the developers thinking, did they think it would be an added attraction for the well heeled to see the social housing tenants excluded from mixing with their little Crispins and Clarissas?

Luzern
Champion
Fixes: 5

This apartheid by councils has a long history. how disgusting it still can happen. Whoever thought to plan it so, and who passed the plans should be ashamed.SadAngry

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Champnet
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

There’s an awful lot of families who would love to live in one of these modern properties even if it meant entering through the ‘poor door’.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

True, but why should a person be thankful for crumbs from a table we should all share? This situation is wrong mean and nasty but sadly, it comes as no surprise.