Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This really annoys me.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

This really annoys me.

From the daily mail..

Why on earth is it assumed that the young generations are selfish or guilty of it? (with the exception of those mentioned in the headline).
I'm not wasting my keyboard on arguing about the older generations this time however this implied suggestion that the young generations are selfish is disgusting. They've been born into the world through no choice of their own and expected to take the burden and blame for being selfish?
What is wrong with kids wanting to have a few basics such as a games console and a phone? - Many adults have brand new cars, a house, good job, a married partner (plus one on the side lol) and lots of other things.
Why are kids supposedly selfish then? - Can someone please explain this to me?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: This really annoys me.

Just stop reading the Wail and all these bizarre/insane/unfounded/bigoted/etc. conundrums will no longer be part of your life. You'll be a better, happier person too.  Cool
Devonian
Grafter

I do agree 7up.
All you ever hear is how the 'youth of today' are so selfish, lack morals, are rude, etc.. when the facts are the youth of today are drinking LESS alcohol than the youth of the 80s, they are volunteering their services to the community more than in any other year before. generally they have good manners, holding shop doors open etc.
It's a shame the same can't be said for a lot of older people, who should know how to use simple manners at their age.  Wink
TORPC
Grafter

I hate the dirty looks & snide remarks like (I aint disabled etc) when one holds a door open for them
& that comes from adults