cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This ol' house...

Fixes: 125

This ol' house...

Was just relaxing in the bath contemplating the state of 'this ol' house' we currently rent when the Shakin Stevens tune popped in my head. There it stayed. No matter what I thought, tried to sing, aloud or mentally, it would return. Two hours later it's still with me. It happens frequently with various tunes that seem to linger for periods ranging to a few minutes to many hours. Different tune each time and not necessarily ones I've recently heard - at least, not consciously.
Apparently it's not unusual (now I've got another tune stuck) and can affect many people. It has a name, Earworm.
I suffer from Earworms Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

5 REPLIES
TORPC
Grafter

Re: This ol' house...

I knew Shaky had to have a mention as soon as I read the title
A while back when we was suffering from the smell of neighbouring drug problem
For some strange reason I could not get out of my head, "She'll be coming round the mountain" & for the life of me I could not remember where I had heard it last
Lately it has been
That new song that goes on about brother, and have been seen on TV adverts (can not remember the title or who sings it atm), when its not stuck in my head I forget the lyrics
thomasjc1
Grafter

I've got 2 in my head, happy by pharrell Williams and whiskey in a jar by Metallica
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Carly Simon singing the old Sinatra song ' My romance'.
And now I've mentioned it I have NO chance of getting it out of my head.
Still it could be worse, I had the' Birdie' song, by the Tweets, in my head once for many days. Embarrassed
WTF
Grafter

Now I've got Shaky in my head  Angry
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Very useful to have.... if you are a "late nighter"... and have trouble going off to sleep....  just before you go to bed... play your very very favourite song... twice ... and then go to bed... it will lull you off to sleep
Well... it works for me... !.. Cheesy