Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is where I came in.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

This is where I came in.

Yep 1947 is where I came in, and although not a hard and fast traditionalist myself, I do wonder where if anywhere we went wrong and what if anything we are leaving behind.

wrong.png

That's Cary Grant on the left by the way and no, it's not me on the right!

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: This is where I came in.

Thanks for clarifying that, I'm sure all of us here have always imagined you as the one on the right. Laugh

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

A lot of things have improved but many things have got so complicated and politically correct its not funny... ( and neither are a lot of jokes today, the reason being what i said in the previous sentence )... people do seem to have lost their sense of humour lately.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Yes we are told in no uncertain terms that the telly programs we laughed and laughed at a couple of decades ago are no longer funny.

I beg to differ as thanks to the internet when I download some and watch them again I find them even funnier than the first time around.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

In my much younger and more nieve days much of it was superficial by just laughing at an obvious joke.

Now of course we see the then hidden to us meaning of the humour in that raised eyebrow double meaning sort of way and as you say, we find them even funnier.

There is the opposite of course in that I used to literally roll up at the antics in The Army Game but now, not funny at all. 

Funny that. Smiley

So Who recognises the doctor?

Highlighted
Community Veteran

The army game was just slightly before my time. Though I did later watch some Bootsie and Snudge.

My older brother used to watch it sometimes around his "posh" friends house. They had a telly.

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 11

Worth 0osting again because if any generation is worthy of mockery it's you old [-Censored-]s

https://twitter.com/supermathskid/status/1172794487963312128?s=19

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

@DaveyH wrote:

Worth 0osting again because if any generation is worthy of mockery it's you old [-Censored-]s

Well us old pharts have done such a terrible job of running the country that all the younger ones are super healthy ( if a wee bit obese ) pretty well off and all super clever if the exam results are anything to go by ( which they are obviously are not ) and all the ones making university ( but with severely lowered entry standards )...

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@DaveyH 

Back on form again, just can't help yourself can you. 

It's all just a bit of fun, so "chill out" as our generation used to say. Tongue

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion

Just having it a bit fun at your generations expense!

Where's your senses of humour?

Not PC enough for you?!

Snowflakes!!!

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

The older generation as snowflakes?

Well that would be a contradiction if ever there was one. The Left is infested with them which is one reason I would never vote for that lot ever again and of which that bearded hipster with a bun on his bonce is typical.

A good dose of National Service, that's what's needed. Thumbs_Up

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion

To be so offended by someone's appearance you must be such a bitter lilltle old man. You need to "chill out"

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Not offended, just despairing.

PS. Sat here at the moment half watching, half listening and having a good old chuckle at the Minions on television - so how cool is that? Wink

Highlighted
Pro

@DaveyH wrote:

If any generation is worthy of mockery it's the one that would take any notice at all of Twitter.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's Twitter?