Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is called?

fishrow
Grafter

This is called?

One for the bar/chat-room lawyers Smiley
A cheque is sent to an institution which deals in certain items. Two weeks later, at an ATM, you see the cheque was debited ten days ago but no items.
N/A = forgetfulness, stock level, postal AWOL.
This is called...?
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Re: This is called?

Since it takes 7 days for a cheque to clear, still waiting dispatch.
RichAllen
Grafter

7 working days, not 7 actual days.
For example, if you put a cheque in on a Monday, it won't be cleared till the following Tuesday.
PowerLee
Rising Star

I've had cheques clear the same day IF both parties use the same bank, this annoyed an old boss of mine who paid us by cheque no end  Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

According to the British Bankers Association banks devise their own codes for statements. There are no standards.
Clearly in your case N/A means "Not Available" or "Never allocated" or "Not acknowledged" or "Not accepted"
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
fishrow
Grafter

ok, somewhat terse.
N/A, not applicable, those reasons for lack of items. So, taking the money and not supplying amounts to...?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Deliberately taking money with the promise to supply goods while never intending to actually supply those goods would be fraud in my opinion.  Was that the question?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.