cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is Outrageous

thisoldman
Grafter

This is Outrageous

Oh dear god, what is the matter with this stupid country. Why are you allowing your flock to be drawn into disrepute.
I hope you severely punish this deviant and have him banned from active service in thy name.
Never have I heard of such appalling nonsense and i am totally mortified by the antics of this looney is who is clearly determined to bring the good name of thy church into disrepute and to shock his congregation.

On itv tonight at 8.45pm  Take me out.    a chaplain has the temerity to appear in front of these lewed profaneless women, with their shocking dress sense and  obvious  immoral and decadent behavioural mannerisms.
May his congregation  subsequently promote him to outer mongolia: a thousand curses on itv: may their transmission suffer a catastrophic failure' may their sponsors and advertisers suffer eternal shame.
Chastise him.  then sack him and his bishop.
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: This is Outrageous

Well personally I would wish him luck, except I don't care.
But I do find your afrontory both bizzare, dumbfounding and hilarious.
Are you sure your not a spy from the USA's bible belt?  Your post makes you sound like one.
thisoldman
Grafter

4 4 devon.......it is with great regret that i have to inform you that I am not a spy from some godforsaken usa bible belt.
On the contary, I simply believe that there is a line that one does not cross and for a man of the faith to prostitute himself on national  peak time television, simply beggars belief.
Has he no sense of shame, or ridicule. Has he considered the feelings of his flock who will witness this almighty transgression . Has he considered the concomitant implications of his lust and the shock he will cause this proud and honourable nation?
This is  a step too far.
Community Veteran

He causes me no shock, and I'm certain I'm way in the majority.
And I still find your position a source of mirth, you come across as so deeply rooted in your own personal rules about what should and should not be, that you cannot see anyone else point of view.  I do not say you should like what he does, or that if you really do think it inappropriate, and if you are a member of the same organisation as he is, that you don't contact that organisations power that be.
But if you wish to prostitute your views in public, having no sense of shame or ridicule and without considering the views of the constituency to which you write, then I will feel free to laugh at you.
Seriously, when I first read your post I thought it must be April 1st, but it's not.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Would it be correct to assume that you are discussing this load of twaddle and if so what is all the fuss about
Fixes: 47

I also fail to see how such a program passes as entertainment however the fact that the 'contestant' is a man of the cloth is irreverent irrelevant. Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

There used to be a late night version of the program, after a few beers out, coming home and watching both the male contestants and the female judges made for a good giggle.
I've not seen the prime-time version, but I suspect its been cleaned up and has more razamatazz, all of which will detract from the show, the lewdness and cheapness of the night time version was part of the appeal.
My message to thisoldman would be, if it offends you so, don't watch it.  There is much in the way of religious programming I find offensive and makes me angry, consequently I give it a wide birth and avoid seeing any of it as much as I can.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Oldjim
Would it be correct to assume that you are discussing this load of twaddle and if so what is all the fuss about

Thanks Jim for giving the rest of us a clue as to what seems to offend TOM.  Perhaps he should have posted a link Undecided
pierre_pierre
Grafter

he sort of did in his usual fashion, gave time, ITV and program name
thisoldman
Grafter

Grin
lol  you guys need to chill out. it was a joke post, the thought of seeing a chaplain made me holler. 

Community Veteran

Never watched the programme, nor am I likely to.  Is it a sort of updated version of Blind date with saint Cilla?  Huh
John
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

The aim of these type of programs is to shock or ridicule people and it's necessary to keep upping the anti.
To be honest I never watch this type of stuff having much better things to do with my time.
Community Veteran

Personally it was the ridiculous naffnus of the night time version that had me watching, it was so so so bad it was coming on the other end.
Thats why I say I version made for prime time isn't a version I can think would be worth anything, it's chronic awfulness was its appeal.