cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This day in history

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

This day in history

in 1872 the Mary Celeste was found - unmanned and abandoned.

It's now 270 days since MH370 went missing and still no news. Do you think we will every find  the plane? or will it become another Mary Celest
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: This day in history

One subtle difference; boats float.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

I think the ocean where it apparently went down is to vast and deep for them ever to find it, which is desperately sad for the relatives. Having said that who is to say it's not holed up on some island somewhere. And how many life times will it take to find, it at all!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Well a leak from someone at the KGB months ago said that it was in afghanistan! Considering phones were continuing to ring the next day I'd say it was highly likely at that time too.
Problem is that if a ransom has been denied, the hostages may well have been shot by now and thus the authorities will continue with the "missing at sea" story instead of admit to what they've done.
The malaysians were accused of badly handling it at the time and they did indeed make a fudge of it but then we had our satellilte company make a mess of it too - deciding that they had worked out where it had gone and then making continual adjustments to the search area and causing everyone to become confused further.
The entire situation is a mess. I suspect somewhere there are some officials who know exactly what has happened but are too ashamed of it to make it public.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Quote from: 7up
Well a leak from someone at the KGB months ago...

That sounds like the type of "fact" reported in the Russian language version of www.pravda.ru
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.