cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This cheered me up..

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

This cheered me up..

If it wasn't for my bad luck, i'd have no luck at all.. so it was quite reassuring to see this and discover that worse things happen to others:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4920492/The-people-having-worse-day-you.html

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: This cheered me up..

That's probably why British soaps are so popular despite getting more and more miserable story lines.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

My favourite thing to say when things go wrong is "Could be worse", cos it's true, n matter how bad things get, it could be worse... Smiley

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

I once overheard a couple of ladies of a certain age discussing the weather, and one of them said, "Well, I suppose it's better than no weather at all."  I bet there is money to be made by starting a collection for people in countries that are so poor that they can't afford weather for their inhabitants. Laugh

Pete11
Pro

I'm that poor I can't even pay attention.  Sad

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Thanks for that 7up - it gave me a good laugh.

But I agree there are always things that could be worse.

Pete11
Pro

I remember a few years ago at work. Nothing went right from the minute I clocked in. I said to my boss.."I think things are going to get worse". My boss said .."Nonsense, think positive". As quick as a flash I replied "Ok, I'm positive things are going to get worse"  He left me alone for the rest of the day

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.