This Says it all!

thisoldman
Grafter

This Says it all!

40 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: This Says it all!

Well what can I say... if they're offering it and he's smart enough to take it...
The government don't like us whether we work or not so why bother? - I' ve been around 30 years and well... frankly I've had enough of the working life too. You get an arsehole boss in almost every job, you get nothing but crap wages in most places (or you'll get that one job with great pay and a real evil shit of a boss making life hell) and then on top of that the state will raid you when they cock up their tax records.
In honesty if I could find a way I'd probably do the same thing now as the fella in that article. I've had enough of working every hour god sends, trying my best to keep the boss off my back and then having no quality of life for my efforts. Hearing about this bloke has made me realise one thing: He's managed it! I'm actually glad I pay my tax now if I'm supporting a scrounger like him because he's clearly played the state at its own game and won!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
thisoldman
Grafter

why dont you try for a job with plusnet? Cheesy
Community Veteran

Because like most other private sector call centre companies they'll be real slave drivers who will pay close to the minimum wage but demand blood from their staff - and a thank you for it while they're at it.
As I said in my previous post... those we see here from PN (Bob, Jojo, James B etc) are all the leaders of their own little depts inside plusnet. They just hand out our problems to their staff who are the real grafters. Of course they get to deliver us the results and take the credit etc. I couldn't work for a company like that.
thisoldman
Grafter

Cheesy      i dont belive all that  okrz.
Besides , look at the benefits you would get. Free bb  free postings.  id have thought the job would suit you admirably.
Community Veteran

You must be joking! Can you seriously see PN offering their staff free BB? - Or me even liking the idea of working there?
I've not been keen on PN for a while. Admittedly its better the devil you know but I certainly couldn't work for them.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I would work for plusnet, Seems like a nice company and plus Id get good thing's done on this forum, Like taking ownership of customer's problems.
Lurker
Grafter

Staff get free BB (Amongst a host of other things.)
http://careers.plus.net/life-at-plusnet/
I know of at least one recruiter working on a number of roles for PN too - the opportunity is there!
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 64

Quote from: okrzynska
Because like most other private sector call centre companies they'll be real slave drivers who will pay close to the minimum wage but demand blood from their staff - and a thank you for it while they're at it.

We actually pay very favourably compared to other call centres in the area.
As I said in my previous post... those we see here from PN (Bob, Jojo, James B etc) are all the leaders of their own little depts inside plusnet. They just hand out our problems to their staff who are the real grafters. Of course they get to deliver us the results and take the credit etc. I couldn't work for a company like that.

Errr, what?!? There are indeed occasions when we need to involve other departments (we're only human!), but by and large we take ownership and sort out the majority of problems here ourselves. You're making assumptions that aren't accurate.
Quote from: okrzynska
You must be joking! Can you seriously see PN offering their staff free BB?

I can because I'm in receipt of it! Don't forget the free line rental too (oh, and the free lunches!) Tongue

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Free lunches, Free gym, Free BB c'mon where do I sign? Cheesy
thisoldman
Grafter

James-G  that link was useless. there was no info re vacancies  no sexy fotos of bob andrew mand jamnesh bob.

Could    ............ i dare to ask............they be shy on account of stuffing their gobs with free food?
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 64

Ah, I forget to mention the gym! (despite being motivated to actually go this morning before the start of my shift)

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

thisoldman
Grafter

Good Lord  bob!
You all exerecise in the gym, then fall asleep at your desks, tired after all the exercise.  Now  all is being revealed. Cheesy
OBTW  is there any chance of my being given some sweet day a wee tour of the premises?
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Why yes my friend but only If you promise not to touch anything!! Wink
Fixes: 47

Sadly the Plusnet Open Days seem to have died a death. Maybe BT decided it wasn't a good idea Sad
I found the last one very interesting Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation