cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thirteen years today with PN

LordFox
Rising Star

Thirteen years today with PN

I just noticed by chance that it's thirteen years to the day since I joined PN.

Happy birthday to me. Do I get a gift?

Got to say it's been a good thirteen years, with the majority of the problems having been caused by BT mucking about at the exchange or up my pole.

13 REPLIES 13
jab1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 73

Re: Thirteen years today with PN

I doubt you'll get anything, @LordFox , but congratulations on your loyalty.Smiley

I've been here 9 years yesterday, and to be honest, my problems have been 99.9% BTOR related too, but as the service standards have fallen from 'excellent' to 'just about good enough' I'm leaving in a couple of months. Plusnet started to go downhill maybe about two years ago, and the slide is  increasing in velocity every day, now the decisions about service/staffing levels are all made by the parent company, and appear to be based on the attitude of the old GPO Telephones organisation - 'Sod the customer, we'll make life as difficult as possible'.

John
gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

@LordFox 

Had been with PN for a similar period of time and experienced few problems which were quickly sorted in the early days, moved on to another provider a few months ago due to the numerous complaints from others about the reduction or withdrawal of services such as chat etc along with numerous problems customers have had with the finance section of PN.

Hope you continue to get a good service with PN, on the positive side you will save a few £ but I decided to forego that for a fully supported service that guarantees no price rises as long as you remain with them.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
LordFox
Rising Star

I remember when BT took over; I nearly left right then because I had previously been with BT and had terrible experience with it.

I might be more tempted to look around if it wasn't for having a /29 IPv4 block here. I certainly couldn't afford to replace that anywhere else.

Anyway, my gift is signing up for an 18 month contract to get a cheaper rate. Fingers crossed...

Simon_F
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Does being with metronet count?  I think I signed up in 2004 as a replacement for a Virgin dialup account!

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

It has to be said that with Plusnet acting as the middle man, the majority of problems are going to be caused by BT as they are the guys installing, maintaining and responsible for the equipment.... or have I got that wrong?

Don't see how the shipping agent can be blamed for the sinking of the Titanic. 🙂  

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
jab1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 73

Up to a point, I agree with you, @Minivanman , but as your ISP, Plusnet should be looking after your interests - i.e. if you have a network problem they have to pass to BTOR, they should have a mechanism in place to monitor this, accepting though that as I have sad elsewhere that BT still behave as though they were the old GPO Telephones nationalised/govt. controlled monolith, where the end-user is thought of as a nuisance, and they have failed to keep up to pace with technology on that side of things.

Most other organisations have employed the advances to improve their ability to respond to customer enquiries/problems and therefore be better thought of, but the BT empire still seems to be determined to operate as though they were in the early part of the previous century, not even this one.

John
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 47

@Minivanman wrote:

It has to be said that with Plusnet acting as the middle man, the majority of problems are going to be caused by BT as they are the guys installing, maintaining and responsible for the equipment.... or have I got that wrong?

Don't see how the shipping agent can be blamed for the sinking of the Titanic. 🙂  

The  shipping agent (aka Plusnet)  has lost the plot, vis a vis customer service and customer needs...  it will eventually sink because of that, rather than the foibles of it`s parent company..

My time with PN was good......  as far as the line speed and connection side of it went... what killed them off, was the appalling way the treat disabled customers with hearing or speech problems, and how they LIED point blank about the closing of LIVE CHAT which was the lifeline to disabled customers with hearing or speech problems.. Add to that the direct insult of offering a Third party 2nd rate substitute app, that would not work with Linux,  ( Or was very difficult to get set up in advance of need) when I managed to contact someone about the difficulties I was told , in no uncertain terms..... You are a minority user, and we don`t cater for assisting minority user O.S.`s. 

So glad that I have "jumped ship"...to a new supplier,  and got the same line speed, and the same rock solid connection, WITH EMAIL customer service,  which is FIRST CLASS.

HelloDuck
Pro
Fixes: 2

@gleneagles wrote:

Hope you continue to get a good service with PN, on the positive side you will save a few £ but I decided to forego that for a fully supported service that guarantees no price rises as long as you remain with them.

Would you please let us know who it was or send me a Private Message

Thanks 

HD

LordFox
Rising Star

I did get a gift...

DSC_0545a.jpg

I got a bar of chocolate - thank you Plusnet, what a great surprise!

Now I just need to keep my wife away from it while I eat some... she can smell chocolate from the other side of the house.

Champnet
Champion
Fixes: 7

I signed up to Force 9 in 2001 which moved to Plusnet in 2007. I haven't received a chocolate bar but I have had good service fixing the few problems I've had, so no complaints.....

RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 5

@LordFox wrote:

Now I just need to keep my wife away from it while I eat some... she can smell chocolate from the other side of the house.

Thumbs_Up

I suspect something sinister such as that must have happened to mine, as I don't recall ever seeing it since I signed up to PN in 2002.  Grin

Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 1,019

Glad you like it!

I wasn’t going to post but I wanted to take the credit. Cheesy

Btw sorry to those who have been around longer. It was a spur of the moment decision based on the post.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
LordFox
Rising Star

I said to my wife that it was probably you Gandalf.

The chocolate went very well indeed with a bottle of Les Parcelles Grenache this evening while watching White Collar with my wife.

Thanks again 🥂