cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thirteen Shillings and sixpence Off a Gallon of Petrol or Diesel ! ! !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Thirteen Shillings and sixpence Off a Gallon of Petrol or Diesel ! ! !

Missus just came out of Morrisons with a voucher in her hand, for money off petrol & diesel....
Ouch... just filled up the tank..... Oh goody!.... the offer expires 18 November....
So next time I fill up, I will get a Free Gallon of Diesel in my tank full.....
The offer is for spending £50 in Morrisons, you get a voucher for 15p off per litre.... Missus also got £5 off the shopping bill  ( nothing to do with Morrisons Miles )
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Thirteen Shillings and sixpence Off a Gallon of Petrol or Diesel ! ! !

I Wonder if there is a limit to the amount you can get at a single fill up ? I'm Thinking about someone turning up in a large lorry with double size tanks !  Wink
Fixes: 47

There usually is a 'litres limit' from similar Tesco deals but with Tesco it's usually 5p off per litre Sad....
But they usually nudge the price up by a couple of pence per litre before the deal is introduced.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Off topic
Did our weekly shop at Tesco - normally we use Sainsburys - and spent an awful lot more than we intended
A lot of things we usually buy (non perishable) were half price so we stocked up
In addition there was 25% off 6 bottles of wine so got six bottle of Pinot Noir which was already half price
They also had a 3 for 2 offer on home baking products (cheapest free) so we stocked up for Christmas (cake and pudding ingredients) but because of the way it was worded we split the shopping basket (trolley really) into 3 so that we got the biggest discount. This included Doves Organic Wholemeal flour which is virtually never on offer and is what I use for my home made bread buns. Given the long shelf life I got quite a lot of that  Grin
Community Veteran

@strat..... the price has actually dropped a penny per ltr since earlier in the week....
currently the price for a ltr of diesel is £1.39.9p at Morrisons..... Asda 5 miles away, but nearer to home, try to be cheapest around here by advertising their price as £1.39.7.
Although I have to pass Asda, literally, the next turn off at the roundabout, I still get my diesel at Morrisons, as they have a loyalty card  (Morrisons Miles) which eventually gives missus £5 off her shopping... Also we use a lot of Morrisons "own brand" stuff, which we really like, so shopping in Asda Tesco Sainsbury`s would be chore.
@ Old Jim.... yes, stocking up with stuff you only buy once in a while, when it is (rediculously) cheap on offers, is a good idea, well worth keeping your eyes open for the "flyers" and local paper adverts
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: shutter
@strat..... the price has actually dropped a penny per ltr since earlier in the week....

Price here at Tesco (Weston Favell, Northampton) has gone up despite them advertising they were reducing their forecourt prices by up to 2p a litre.  I'm sure it's because we don't have an ASDA (nearest is Kettering) so they don't have the competition therefore they feel justified in ripping us off.  Even without an ASDA in Northampton Tesco is not the cheapest in the area.  Yes, they do appear to put the price up here everytime there's a 5p voucher offer.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Well my local T is about 1.5 miles away IF I get a voucher the station is ..... 30 miles away  Crazy Cry
Asda have a petrol station that is 2p/l cheaper than the local garages. And roughly same price as the Tesco one 30+ miles away (Morrison's is 16 miles away in other direction)
Community Veteran

What annoys me about petrol prices, is the "local" variation.....
I may be wrong,but don`t the supermarkets pay for the petrol/diesel in bulk?   therefore, it should be the same price at ALL their petrol/diesel pumps, no matter on the "location"...
Community Veteran

ASDA are about the first to do a (apparently not that well publicised) price reduction (137.7 for Diesel) nationally.
Thumbs up to ASDA for that.  Smiley
BOO to ASDA for not having a proper supermarket (with filling station) in Northampton.  Sad
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Fixes: 105

earlier on in the year you were able to stack some tesco ones and I managed to 60p litre off.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: dvorak
I managed to 60p litre off.

Shocked
Good lord you did very well! Although not as well as these people:
Petrol for 13p per litre
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Quote from: gleneagles
I Wonder if there is a limit to the amount you can get at a single fill up ? I'm Thinking about someone turning up in a large lorry with double size tanks !  Wink

There is, I've only used the Morrisons offer a couple of times, and I think the max is 200 litres.
Great fun when someone in front of you wants the discount, doesn't have the correctly dated receipt, the staff say "No" and the person doesn't understand why.
I gave up using it in the end. All in all, not worth the hassle to save around £1.50 per £40 of fuel Roll eyes
Fixes: 105

Quote from: Sprite
Good lord you did very well! Although not as well as these people:
Petrol for 13p per litre

That was just round the corner from me too Sad
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

Quote from: Alex
All in all, not worth the hassle to save around £1.50 per £40 of fuel Roll eyes

Well, you could always donate the £1.50 to a worthy cause.........
PM me for my Paypal address ! ! ! !.. Roll eyes
Community Veteran

Haven't times changed. I was very happy, many years ago, to get 6d off a gallon of petrol.
That was also the days when petrol stations had attendants. The attendant in this case was a very fetching young lady in a bikini.
Young lady in a bikini, pump in hand, bending over your car, and 6d off. Can't be beat. Smiley