cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Thinking of joining PN, do you recommend them? 😊

FullEnglish

Thinking of joining PN, do you recommend them? 😊

Evening all.

I’m thinking of joining PN from BT and was wondering what PN Fibre is like given its using the same infrastructure. 

I would use my BT. Home Hub 6. 

Thanks in advance. 

5 REPLIES 5
picbits
Community Veteran

Re: Thinking of joining PN, do you recommend them? 😊

Well I left them 3 years or so ago to try a different provider - no major issues with the actual broadband service.

3 years later and I'm about to come back (3 days to go).

I doubt you'd notice much difference with your line speeds but if you do have a technical issue, PN are quite easy to deal with on a tech level.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Hopefully when the new billing system is working properly you'll appreciate not needing an accounting qualification to understand it, unlike the BT bill where everything seemed to be listed time and time again in different ways on the EIGHT pages they produced every billing period when I was with them.

I suppose you get what you pay for; one of the main strengths of PN is that you can get help on this forum from other, very knowledgeable, customers and very capable PN staff.

nozzer
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I joined in 2004 and only ever had one significant problem, which in fairness wasn't their fault, it was OpenReach's (as usual). Add to that that their prices are extremely competitive, then I would obviously say yes, it's worth joining.

Remember that their fibre is just the same as everyone else's that uses the BT backbone.

idonno
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

I've been with them now about 3 years or thereabouts. Their alright. Faults seem to be repaired fairly pronto, if you get an OR person who knows their stuff. Like most companies, you get some singing the praises, others having a mixed result and some just want to demolish. Take your pick!

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
John_Hull
Aspiring Pro

I've been with the Free-online incarnation for many years, and have recently moved my phone line over as well. I have always been really happy with the service.