cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of buying tablet.

nadger
Rising Star

Thinking of buying tablet.

I've had a lot of fun using my cheap ZTE Kis with wifi so thinking about 7" tablet.
At £200 I'm leaning towards Asus Google Nexus 32Gb but would be interested in other's thoughts on subject.
62 REPLIES
CX
Grafter

Re: Thinking of buying tablet.

I have the 16GB Nexus 7 and think it's great. The camera is rubbish, but other than that, it's a nice tablet. I haven't found any apps or games in the Google Play store which don't run well on it.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

I've had a 32gb Nexus 7 for a couple of weeks now and I'm very pleased with it.
In fact I'm using it now to post this reply-
nadger
Rising Star

Thanks for comments - should order tomorrow  Smiley
Community Veteran

Just seen t5his on KGB site.  Does anyone know what it's like:
http://www.kgbdeals.co.uk/national/deals/156785/9-android-404-tablet-bundle---jaoyeh--national?utm_s...
Reduced from £199 to £79
Community Veteran

Earlier in the week I was looking at a Samsung tablet.  It's got a big 10.1" screen.  Currently selling at £237 but then you can get £50 cashback from Samsung.
Does anyone have one of these?
Samsung
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Why not get a netbook?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: artmo
Reduced from £199 to £79

Sounds like a really good deal but I couldn't see any mention of screen resolution (spec didn't really say much at all) so maybe OK for basic use but maybe not quite the bargain it appears.  [Edit] found a link on the link with a bit more spec: 800x 480 screen resolution (not really good for a 9" tablet).
Quote from: Un
Why not get a netbook?

But a netbook is 'so last year' (or was it the year before or the one before that?) Wink
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I "made an offer" on one of these  ( £130 ) and got it accepted.... nice little jobby.... does what I want, and very very light... Windows 7 starter installed. but best of all SIX HOURS BATTERY LIFE, before charging is needed... so can use it all day, away from home./office/hotel/b&b.... ...  then charge up overnight....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160903346537?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Community Veteran

Seller says 'Bankrupt retailer', 'Ex Display', wonder if these could have come from Comet?Huh
Looks a really good buy shutter (and thanks for the link).  Smiley
[Edit for clarity of meaning]
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

The cardboard box it came in, showed "signs of wear", but the unit inside was in pristine condition, as with the power lead and supply, all wrapped in their original plastic bags with the wire wraps in place, ( and no, they did not look as if they had been opened/used )... the laptop needed to be charged, and powered up with no signs of any previous use whatsoever. Everything you would expect to see if you opened a brand new box, including the instruction sheet and manual, and CDrom in pristine condition. 
I am well pleased with it, and your comments are totally not warranted.
so.... YES... it was a "Good Buy".... that is why I posted the link....  Smiley
Community Veteran

Thanks for the link Shutter.  Maybe they'll have some tablets, I'll have a search.
jmd
Grafter

I love my iPad!
Community Veteran

Quote from: shutter
I am well pleased with it, and your comments are totally not warranted.

You appear to mis-understand shutter, my comments (in ' ') were quotes from your link, 'Comet' was speculation due to recent well publicised events and 'Looks like a good buy' was my main point. Smiley
Call me 'w23'
Community Veteran

Quote from: jmdlp
I love my iPad!

But they're not cheap are they?: