cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking about moving provider

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Thinking about moving provider

Talktalk in the guise of Tiscli, are the only LLU here, and they are offering £14.99/month unlimited.
Compared to the £20+ I currently pay Plusnet that would be a £5 saving, not much but I am on a tight budget  Sad
What are people thoughts on TT/Tiscli LLU? The only down side I can see is the 18 month contract, that I don't like, but then again I have been with PN for 18 months now. Grin
16 REPLIES
Steve
Pro

Re: Thinking about moving provider

If your having financial difficulties give Plusnet customer options a ring and see what they can do for you, I did and got a few quid Knocked off, May not seem a lot but really It Is for me.
matt_2k34
Grafter

What are people thoughts on TT/Tiscli LLU?

Terrible.
Tiscali LLU is what PN used prior for LLU connections. It. Is. Horrible. Smiley (and nearly lost them a customer here Smiley )
llu in general is horrid, id only move if it was to Be*/o2 - who actually seem to do it well.

what package are you on currently with PN ? someone like adsl24 may be able to give you a similar amount of peak capacity / price - but no major saving.
Lynda
Grafter

I've just finally ended an 18 month contract with TallTalk. I have to say I rarely had internet issues the whole term. My issue was the original 10 weeks before it was up running and the fact I never had a proper Caller Display service working.
Cheers,
Lynda ~
Angry
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Quote from: Hairy
Talktalk in the guise of Tiscli, are the only LLU here, and they are offering £14.99/month unlimited.
Compared to the £20+ I currently pay Plusnet that would be a £5 saving, not much but I am on a tight budget  Sad
What are people thoughts on TT/Tiscli LLU? The only down side I can see is the 18 month contract, that I don't like, but then again I have been with PN for 18 months now. Grin

Little point
If you pay Plusnet over £20 per month I assume that includes line rental
Looking at rhe TalkTalk offer here it is £14.99 unlimited plus £12.04 line rental
Community Veteran

Nope it doesn't include line rental, I am on unlimited at £20+/month + BT at £10.50 month (or is it £11 now?)
I want an unlimited service so I can continue listening to Internet radio/Video and not have to worry about  B/W limits. I used to be with adsl24 but left them when their provider switched to BT's 21C network and it all went pear shaped (ONE node for EVERYONE in Scotland & down to York) the simple fact was that on the w/e you were lucky to see dial up speeds  Cry Crazy
I am happy with PN's service but if I can shave a few quid off the priceHuh
N/A

Sounds like a good saving, and a service that is more suited to your needs.  Every penny counts these days so it might be worth a try as you have 30 days to revert back if it isn't up to scratch.
CS is said to be not so good but wouldn't have thought that this should matter to you as you have so much
experience and knowledge anyway.
If you transfer hope that you will post and let us know how you get on.
Steve
Pro

Quote from: Hairy
I am happy with PN's service but if I can shave a few quid off the priceHuh
Did you miss my first post? Give Plusnet customer options a ring.
Community Veteran

Whats the number?
Steve
Pro

0845 140 6002 Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
john50
Grafter

If you do decide to move gawd help you if anything goes wrong, we had an outage that affected our street everybody else was back up and running after  a day or so except Tiscali who thought it'd be more fun to keep our phones/broadband down for an extra couple of days compared to everybody else,
I got the impression openreach put them to the very back of the queue for repairs  Roll eyes
Oh and beware of the little porky pies that comes from there call centres and sales staff  Wink
matt_2k34
Grafter

indeed.
I would be very wary of moving, just to save a few quid.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

It should be cheap / simple to move between ISPs providing BT Wholesale services at the end of a contract. You will read in other threads about people having no broadband for weeks when moving away from an LLU provider.
Am I right in assuming the the Tiscali "Unlimited" service comes with a "fair usage policy"?
magnetism2772
Grafter

tiscali / talktalk/opal unlimited  does come with  a fair usage policy
when i last checked it  was around 1GB per month  max downloading between
6pm and 9pm on weekdays,your notified in an email
if you download above more than in those hours in any month or what it says in its t&C(terms and conditions) policy
for a week you would be added onto a heavy download user list
and while on it you would have to share a contention of any download speed
with all the others on that same list
saying that, it is still really not a problem you could still download with a speed that is fine

llu  is very reliable , that price for unlimited is good
talktalk on a general level dont have a good name
but on a personal level their opal unlimited services are fine
switching to and from llu and bt lines occur disconnection and connection charges
its not straight forward as no MAC keys are involved in a switch  to LLU and back
mind plusnets at £20 isnt bad , if your sure about plusnet i would stay
because of any connection fees you might  pay going onto  LLU
in summary llu is good , opal(talktalk) are good, it comes with a good price
plusnet is equaling it , but your on BT's non llu
but i prsonally would not bother for saving £5 as you could find talktalk
charges increase , plus with no mac addresses involved theres no regulations
for how quick they would have to work to change over your services
its just my personal opinion
now that talktalk own opal./tiscali i  would not move, talktalk increase their prices
as often as energy  
matt_2k34
Grafter

its not straight forward as no MAC keys are involved in a switch  to LLU and back

not entirely true, MACs can be produced by LLU providers (not that they want too) - its the company your switching to that may not be able to deal with an LLU MAC.
It does however mean a cease and reprovide if you decide to move.
TalkTalk, imho, should be avoided by anyone who values their Broadband Connection.

Tiscali's FUP
Aparently 100GB (overall) per month. But as giro said, TT change prices and FUPs more often than people change their underwear.
Traffic "Management"