cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Things I Hate About Christmas

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Things I Hate About Christmas

So I wasn't crazy when I saw that special Christmas present for Hamsters. It looked a thick Advent calendar with several "presents" in it.

Maybe I'm not crazy but someone is.

Champnet
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

Crazy maybe but someone's decided it's saleable and therefore money making and possibly keeping people employed....

198kHz
Hero
Fixes: 17

If my cats think they're getting any Pawsecco they can dream on!  Roll_eyes

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires an algorithm.
Fixes: 365

This is one of the reasons I don't do Christmas decorations these days.

As soon as my cat used to see the tree go up she would turn her nose up at Whiskas.

Now it's a case of 'what the eye doesn't see.....'

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 72.0.2 (64-bit)

Life is tough enough without adding Linux into the mix.
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@Champnet 

Well sure and it's all harmless fun and I'm sure many love their pets enough to even give them presents at Christmas. I just find it rather strange how some spend their money (as is their right) on one thing whilst others on something else a bit more worthwhile?

Tis the season to be silly I guess. 😋

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@Strat 

Maybe you should put the now traditional Christmas of tinsel and trees to one side and go back to the even longer tradition of bringing a bit of green into the house as a reminder of spring to come and all that.

Pagan or Christian, it's all the same t'me. 

We've always gone more to that side of things with just a plain wreath on the door made from gathered yew or holly (preferably variegated) and some more around the fireplace mantle. The only real twinkle (because this kids and now the grandkids find it magical) is around the Christmas tree which despite my grumbles about price, the Mrs has always insisted on buying the "real McCoy". 

Nightmare come January when all the needles drop though. ☹️

Looking on the bright side though, we don't keep pets anymore... so no damp patch surprises behind it. 😛

Highlighted
TeeGee
Aspiring Pro

I really hate going into a shop playing Xmas music. Much I I don't dislike Noddy Holder, The Pogues , and John Lennon they remind me that there is a lot of reality out there for many that does not go away on 26th Dec.

Being unemployed at Xmas and trying not to let the children know has, twice, been something I would not wish on anyone.

The other thing I hate is running out of turkey soup in early January!

For the record I was born on 24th September and my father then went off to plan and take part in the D Day landings but at least he came back when I was two!

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Not a lover of music in shops or any other public place for that matter, but seasonal music is added torture with bells on. It's Christmas and I get it - but can they not just turn it down a bit or even better, turn it off?

Mind you @TeeGee, at least you don't have to listen to Beethoven's 5th any more! 😛

Community Veteran

I'm guessing the pound shop thinks their talking self service check outs are a hoot.

A lot of the time it's Elvis but at this time of year it's an excruciating ho ho ho happy Santa voice.