Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

They're back - with a vengeance!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

Re: They're back - with a vengeance!

@Mav,
Guessed it was something like that, we got a couple of Rabbits but despite the children insisting they would look after them I was the one left with the task.
Fortunately my wife's family had a dog and it put her off dogs for life as it had a habit of rolling around in cow muck and then running around the house covered in the stuff.
Personally I have nothing against any pets....... as long as they belong to someone else !!
Fixes: 251

Quote from: gleneagles
Personally I have nothing against any pets....... as long as they belong to someone else !!

My sentiments...
I've never understood the need for people to have so many pets anyway. The cost alone seems prohibitive to me.
When I was a child we had a cat, a dog when was a teen and a goldfish at some stage. The cat lived to 21 and the dog (cross between a Dalmatian and Manchester Terrier lived to 16), can't remember the goldfish.
These days most people seem to see me as pet unfriindly as I never show affection to their pets. But when no-one's looking I will stroke and pet them - I just don't want anyone to see that I DO have a little weakness for them Crazy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 188

I have a single goldfish, a legacy from my daughter's school days, which is on it's last flippers.
Edit: actually it's not single it's widowed as it's partner died a few months ago and is buried in the garden.
I'm definitely not a pet person.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 64.0 (64-bit)

Can't now understand the point of a goldfish.
You can't hug or stroke it or take it for a walk. Remember when that was about all you get when you won something at a funfair?

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Fixes: 188

Daughter came home with 4 from her school fair and now one left.
She's brought dogs home before now which have stayed for a few weeks/months before being rehoused.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 64.0 (64-bit)

Community Veteran

Pets always look a good idea - until you get them and realise the work involved.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

We had trouble with mice until recently when we ripped out the suspended wooden kitchen floor and replaced it with 8 tonnes of concrete (and insulation). Nary a squeak in the house now, but perhaps a bit extreme as a fix.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
alanb
Grafter

Quote from: Mav
I've never understood the need for people to have so many pets anyway. The cost alone seems prohibitive to me.

Apparently they can have quite a large carbon footprint too. About a year ago, there was a report in the media that claimed that a pet cat or dog in the developed world has a carbon footprint equivalent to an adult human in Vietnam.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Just saw this and thought of this thread....
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.

Like it.
A quick update.
most of the poison has gone so will probably get a bit more in the next day or so.
I think the traps have caught two or three mice (SWMBO dealt with them) but no rats yet..

Community Veteran

@w23, like it Smiley

7 caught in the traps so far Smiley

Community Veteran

Any local stores catering to Africans?... Sell them as 'bush meat'!!  Lips are sealed  [need a 'sick' emoticon for that really] [coat]
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@ w23, Here you go
Community Veteran

Thanks MC!!
Call me 'w23'