cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

They do it differently in the USA

Pro

They do it differently in the USA

Thought you might be amused by the moderator's tone when banning a right-wing troll from a US games forum:

I invited you here. I told you to tone your [-Censored-] down. I told you to discuss [-Censored-], not attack people. I vouched for you when you went off on your usual [-Censored-].

And this is how you repay it all. You're gone. [-Censored-] you. Bye.

5 REPLIES 5
Champion
Fixes: 12

Re: They do it differently in the USA

That's quite tame for US gamers. Swatting is quite common amoungst the gaming community.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Reading a few pages back on that thread it reminded me of the ebay forum of several years back, minus the swearing of course. Where it was common for a mod and a few sycophants to bait someone those views they didn't agree with. And when they replied using language similar to the mods they were banned.

Even though I saw much of this going on I wasn't sure it was deliberate planned action. Until I saw the recent news where six "ex" employees have been charged with aggressive cyber stalking. Funeral wreaths, bloody pig masks. tampering with witnesses etc. They only stopped just short of a horses head in the bed.

This promises to have far reaching repercussions for ebay as their one time boss was Wenig who only recently left with a multi million dollar .......... some would say golden handshake but many others would say something different.

Seasoned Champion

Be interested to see how they deal with left wing trolls...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Which ever wing they're flapping, they usually put them in the whitehouse...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 15

Well that’s a word some will want to change